Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Retrovision cables currently in stock

1. It's cause the OSSC isn't really a scaler, it's a line doubler. (or tripler or quadrupler now). It has no framebuffer, it's just duplicate or tripling etc each scanline.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I can't believe these things have gotten even more expensive.

The part John left out of his comparison is that the RGB cables are far cheaper than these. Yes, the XRGB units are a pretty big initial investment, but they're also better than everything else. Once you have one, you're not buying $50+ cables for each console either.

I guess if the TV you want to use happens to be a component-accepting CRT, then I'd go this route. In all other cases, I'd go with an XRGB and RGB cables.

3. I have a 27"SDTV Sony Wega that has component, as well as a 32" Sony Wega HD-CRT that has several component inputs. That's why I got the cable for the Genesis, and I'm planning on picking up the adapter for the Genesis to Saturn. I'd planned to do a scart to componentt conversion for the Saturn, but never got around to getting the converter.

That makes sense. It's certainly more elegant than the converter route.

The RGB to component built into these cables are some of the best I've seen, much better than the external converters on eBay.

6. From what I understand these guys have engineered some pretty damn impressive converters in their cables. Also depending on the RGB cable you get, for instance if you go the fully shielded route, you can end up paying 40 - 50 bucks for an RGB cable as well. Think of these component cables as the same as the high end RGB cables.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I got one of everything, since I was going to install a neobitz component on my neogeo, this is easier

Same, although in retrospect I should have bought some more of the adapters so I could modify them to work with other systems.

9. I lucked out with the Neo GohanX sold me years and years ago, it's RGB output is pretty fucking solid. I just wish my Phantom 1 converter wasn't being a stupid bitch.
    Where I play

10. anyone has a good recommendation on a component switcher?