Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Retrovision cables currently in stock

Monoprice makes a decent four port that I'm using now, although I get a slight audio buzz that I didn't use to have. It's a grounding issue and is probably not the fault of the switch.

Afaik the old Pelican 8 port switch is still the king, but probably hard as hell to find these days. I'd love to hear some other recommendations though.

2. Yeah I still use the Pelican 8 port switch. I've had this thing since it came out and it's one of the best switchers I've ever had. Depending on how many ports you need the guy who makes the scart switcher, also makes a 4 port component switcher that is supposed to be really good. It's pricey at 100 bucks for only 4 ports, but it's supposed to be really good. I've been slowly trying to save up money to buy his 8 port scart switcher. Which is almost 200 bucks.

http://www.gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw-v1-0/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Looks like quality, too bad it is sold out

4. Yeah you have to watch his thread on shmups, he goes in cycles. Takes pre-orders for a few weeks till he hits a certain number, then orders the parts assembles them, once everyone gets theirs and confirms its all working, he opens pre-orders again.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic...0851&start=960
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I never got an email that my cables shipped, but I did get a notice that my cables should arrive today. Sweet. I just hooked up my old Pelican switch and calibrated my CRT in preparation.

6. A friend of mine bought a couple and brought them over to the shop to see how they look.

7. I'm still waiting for my cable to arrive. I ordered it last weekend.

8. I just received mine, need to hook up my systems for a test run.

9. I spoke too soon. It arrived in the mail today.

I just noticed that the cable has a switch to brighten the picture, if it's too dark on your model of Genesis or SNES.

The pictures don't do it justice. Here are a few screenshots of Contra Hard Corps running on my Genesis 2 with the old cable and the HD cable.

Here's the opening screen with component. The barb wire is more pronounced and the edges are more difinitive.

Here's the same image using composite. The barb wire just sort of blends in with the background.

Here's the opening demo scene with component. I don't know if it has to do with my CRT still having to process the lesser image, but I do notice that everything just has more pop to it, and the jail bars aren't visible.

Here's the same area with composite. The camera isn't picking up the rainbow bars, because of the screen interference. You'll notice the ghosting around the edges of the numbers though.

The SEGA logo has nice crisp edges and you can see every pixel.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Jul 2017 at 05:36 PM.

There Genesis in particular gains the most from going from composite to anything else, the composite video was really awful.