Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Retrovision cables currently in stock

1. Chicken HD Retrovision cables currently in stock

In case anyone cares, HD Retrovision's component cables for Genesis and SNES are currently in stock, along with the Saturn and Neo Geo adapters. Today is the second wave, with a third coming July 8th. Otherwise, they seem to be pretty hard to get, as I've been waiting a while for the Genesis cables to show back up. (Also now wondering if I should pick up one of the Neo Geo adapters).

Site is hdretrovision.com.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. These guys really seem to know their stuff. I listen to them on the Retro Roundtable and a few other places. If I hadn't already gone RGB with everything I would probably jump into these. They seem to do their stock in batches, sell a bunch then use that money to order the next batch, and thoroughly test them, and finally put them up. I know this is the first time the Saturn and Neo Geo adapters have been available. I believe they're working on some Dreamcast cables next. I'm eagerly waiting on those before ordering a Toro box for my DC. I don't know if its the DC's S-Video output or just my S-Video cables for it, but it has one of the worst S-Video signals I've seen on a console.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. My Dreamcast S-Video cable seems to work just fine.

I just ordered the Genesis component cable. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by gamevet; 01 Jul 2017 at 10:05 PM.

what would be best at this point, cables for each console or the Framemeister?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    what would be best at this point, cables for each console or the Framemeister?
    It doesn't upscale your video output. It just gives it better image quality than composite.

These are best used with a component SDTV. I have the Genesis cable and it's FANTASTIC. Thanks for the heads up Mollie, I'ma get a little bit of everything.

Fe, for a HDTV a Framemeister would still be better. It better yet, an OSSC is even better if you can get one.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    These are best used with a component SDTV. I have the Genesis cable and it's FANTASTIC. Thanks for the heads up Mollie, I'ma get a little bit of everything.

Fe, for a HDTV a Framemeister would still be better. It better yet, an OSSC is even better if you can get one.
    And it works with your TV. I know the OSSC is the new hotness right now, but its line doubling, tripling, and quadrupling modes aren't accepted by every TV. I feel like people are way too quick to recommend it without laying out some caveats.

Fe, even if you go Framemeister or OSSC, you still need good cables for all your systems. Though more and more sets seem to be accepting 240p sources over component and doing ok jobs at upscaling it. Again this wildly varies from model to mode, and in some cases from panel to panel. If you do go the Framemeister or OSSC route you still need RGB or Component cables like this. While the Framemeister will take composite, and S-Video sources, they're shitty and if you're dropping 200 - 300 bucks on an upscaler you should send a good video source to it. The OSSC only takes Component and RGB.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

If you're using an upscaling device stick to RGB. I can't speak for the OSSC, but component video is really poor on the Framemeister. It has lots of noise.

Yes. It doesn't have as many features as the Framemeister, but it does the important stuff well and with zero input lag, which no other scaler can claim.