Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 NHL Season

1. 2017-2018 NHL Season

Rejoice, the season has started.

I haven't paid much attention to the off season goings on so I have no idea how the league as a whole is moving from last season. Las Vegas has a team now and they won their first game.

Pretty big shakeup for the Rangers, getting Kevin Shattenkirk is probably the most obvious benefit. Let go some dead weight and there's a bunch of rookies looking to do something. First game loss was some shit but Colorado suddenly had a really good goalie show up. There's a lot of uncertainty but I think another playoff run is in the cards.

2. I don't know if they are just playing some bad teams but the Leafs are looking scary good right now. Fed the Jets to the woodchipper and now they are making Lundqvuist look silly.

Aaaaaand its a tie game.
    Last edited by Error; 07 Oct 2017 at 09:01 PM.

3. two hat tricks in a row for Ovechkin

too bad they can't win two playoff series in a row

They have to dodge a matchup with Pitt to come out of the east.

5. Jesus, 1-4. If the Rangers don't beat the Devils tonight I don't know what I'm going to do.

6. Niemi isn't doing so hot in his backup roll here. I miss MA Fleury so damn much already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Jesus, 1-4. If the Rangers don't beat the Devils tonight I don't know what I'm going to do.
    1-5
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. The worst.

The wheels finally came off.

I crunched all the numbers after the 9-2 start. The Devils had an outrageously good shooting percentage and were winning all the special teams columns though they were getting outshot and losing Corsi badly. Now it's starting to even up. Doesn't help that Mojo is out. The young legs aren't going to last the whole season consistently.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Crosby is -14. LeTang is even worse. My guys are tired and hungover. It's ok though. I can't expect a cup every year lol.