Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5767697071727375 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. I recently acquired the brighter screen GBA SP, so I’ve been playing around with a few games on it.

I brought the thing to work today, because my current assignment has is sitting around while waiting for phone service tickets. I hadn’t played Advance Warsin quit awhile, so I thought I’d give it a run. Man! It’s been a long time since I’ve played it. I thought that it had a storyline, but I’m guessing that I’m thinking of part 2. I discovered that I had about 140 unspent coins, so I opened up a new map and proceeded to trying it out. I had to stop playing and will restart the map, because my strategy Was way off for what I needed to do. I’m starting to remember some of the tricks to winning.

I also tried playing a little bit of Metroid: Zero Mission. I wandered around from an old save point and got frustrated with trying to figure out what I needed to do next, to advance. I’ll probably need to start all over again. I was about 6 hours in on my old save.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Dec 2021 at 02:57 PM.

2. Any of you check out the Matrix Unreal 5 demo? I can't believe games can look this real.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Any of you check out the Matrix Unreal 5 demo? I can't believe games can look this real.
    Goes to show what an albatross this long cross-gen period has been. UE5 is gonna be a game-changer. I think STALKER 2 is the first full game to ship using it, and it likewise has no support for last gen systems or lower spec PCs, so that's gonna be our first real taste.

4. UE5 is an engine that will show the need for a high speed SSD. The PS5 demo showed just how crazy the UE5 engine is.

PS5 owners can download the demo here.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10004087/
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Dec 2021 at 12:37 AM.

5. For some reason I can't explain a few weeks ago I wanted to really kick into P5R and somehow I'm 80+ hours in and just hit the 3rd Semester that takes place after Vanilla is done. That being said, I think I'm going to take a break and play through Halo Infinite's single player before I go back and finish up P5R.

Speaking of Halo Infinite, first boss on Legendary is cheap bullshit. Heroic difficulty is where the challenge meets the non bullshit imo.

6. Legendary is too much single player, I would only play that co-op at least 3, ideally 4 people.

7. Re: Halo Infinite bosses on Legendary. The second and third bosses put the first boss to shame in difficulty. They require a level of dexterity of switching weapons and spartan abilities on the fly (switching between the grapple hook and the threat sensor in the heat of battle with the d-pad is pain). That being said, I am really really enjoying this game.

Lost Ark RU. pretty fucking fun. i have 3 lvl 50s, and my highest GS is only 560. still working on getting everythign unlocked so i can properly farm.
    ill get playing FFXIV Endwalker come friday. Gonna go through the msq as Reaper.

9. That damn Halo Infinite campaign really sucks you in doesn’t it! I knew I was getting close to the end last night and it just kept going! Thought I was about to see credits roll then there was another mission! Fucking stayed up too late and went to bed instead.

Such a great Halo game, I’m disappointed I’m pretty much done with it. First open world game in years I’m not slogging through just to finish it. Halo hits the perfect balance of not being too damn big like the Ubisoft games and not being cluttered with stupid shit to do.

Definitely playing through on coop next year. That shit is going to be hilarious. 2 tanks rolling into a Fob? Yes please!

I’m super impressed 343 pulled it all together and made this my GotY.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. I started downloading it on my PC this morning. There’s many good games coming out right now, but I needed a break from Forza Horizon 5.