Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5969717273747577 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

2. Lunar: Silver Star Story (PS)

I had put together a little story to go along with this, but I accidentally closed the webpage and it was gone.

Anyways... I was draggin' ass today, after attending a nearly 8 hour concert last night. I was looking for a mellow game to play today, so I fired up Lunar on the PlayStation. I put in about 3.5 hours of playtime with the game. It's started out a little slow, but it's finally picking up pace.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Aug 2022 at 08:53 PM.

3. I didn't like the remake back when it was released as the Sega CD version is one of my favorites. I used to play the CD as redbook audio, some of the tracks are fantastic. I might give it a go one of these days, it is long overdue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I didn't like the remake back when it was released as the Sega CD version is one of my favorites. I used to play the CD as redbook audio, some of the tracks are fantastic. I might give it a go one of these days, it is long overdue.
    LMAO! I did the same thing, but put it on a tape to listen to in the company truck. I also did that with Galactic Attack. They should have left the original soundtrack in, because the new one isn’t quite as good.

5. I don't really dig souls games, probably never got past 10% in any of them.

So against my better judgement I started Elden Ring and I just keep playing the fucking thing. Making it open world, but more importantly having such an incredible open world, is enough to make me keep searching for something else new anytime I hit a roadblock. 20 hours in and I haven't gone 15 minutes without finding something new it feels like. Very impressed.

6. I finally finished Far Cry 6 - it is what it is. Honestly, probably the last I'll play of this series. If I want to go back there's plenty more to do but it's a grind.

Started Crusaders (PS5) and, man, there's a lot to digest/learn here. I have no idea what I'm doing at this point.

7. I tried to get back into playing FC6 yesterday. I turned the Damned thing off after about 45 minutes. It’s a real pain I the ass, if you get spotted by soldiers. I drove through a checkpoint and my car’s tires went flat. I was then running around for 20 something minutes, getting into fire fights with random spawning soldier that got called in. Once I escaped, I went back to camp to get my helicopter. I couldn’t fly that, because I was immediately told on the radio that II wasn’t allowed to fly.

Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 were just much better games. 6 feels too restricted.
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Aug 2022 at 02:28 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I tried to get back into playing FC6 yesterday. I turned the Damned thing off after about 45 minutes. It’s a real pain I the ass, if you get spotted by soldiers. I drove through a checkpoint and my car’s tires went flat. I was then running around for 20 something minutes, getting into fire fights with random spawning soldier that got called in. Once I escaped, I went back to camp to get my helicopter. I couldn’t fly that, because I was immediately told on the radio that II wasn’t allowed to fly.
    Yeah, the random soldiers are overkill. You have to take out the checkpoints - any time you drive into one that's not yours then you'll lose your tires. Same thing for "air" - you have to take out the AA sites before you can fly over certain areas.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I don't really dig souls games, probably never got past 10% in any of them.

So against my better judgement I started Elden Ring and I just keep playing the fucking thing. Making it open world, but more importantly having such an incredible open world, is enough to make me keep searching for something else new anytime I hit a roadblock. 20 hours in and I haven't gone 15 minutes without finding something new it feels like. Very impressed.
    I fucking loved Elden Ring. It’s been years since I finished a game and was actually disappointed I was done. Played pretty much the whole thing in coop too. My only small issue is pertaining to the coop. Just let me drop in and out whenever and wherever. There’s no need to jump through hoops with the summon signs, get rid of it.

Can’t imagine what the sequel would be like if they upgrade to the new Unreal Engine. From Soft world designs just poop on everyone else’s….Far Cry 6 sure was hard to finish after I just lived in Elden Ring for a month.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. So....Death Stranding is free on Game Pass. I'm downloading it on the 4K PC in the living room. Hopefully it'll finish downloading in the next hour or so.

I've always been curious about playing this game.