Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 62727475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. You're good to go, install the updates and it'll hum.

2. My son and I played through Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion recently. Was a cute game.

He's been going to town on some games lately. He played through both the Portal games, and was able to get through both of 'em mostly by himself. Even chamber yhat took me 45 minutes he smashed in like 5. Unreal. He's also a big fan of Undertale. Roblox as well, but I don't hold that against him.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Right - my question is whether or not that makes the game playable or not. I know the PS4 version was full of problems and people advised to stay away.
    The PS4 problem was that they were trying to make a game designed for 2021(actually, future hardware) hardware, run on hardware (really much older) from 2013. You have an anemic CPU, only 8GB (later 12 on pro?) of total system memory and a slow ass Sata drive, that ran as slow as the fasted HDD, because of it being designed for a slower speed drive. The game runs solid on the PS5 and Series X. The game was pretty much Crysis for the modern age.

Last edited by gamevet; 30 Sep 2022 at 11:23 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The game was pretty much Crysis for the modern age.
    This is actually a perfect comparison.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Coincidentally Fatal Frame is one of the few "scary" games I've ever played through to the end, I've never even finished a Resident Evil.

I also like the idea of fucking around in Tokyo. I'll give it a go, could make for a great October game.
    I checked CamelCamelCamel and the lowest it has been is $29.99 randomly over the last 6 months, so I set a price alert for that figuring if it hit it I'd go ahead and try it. Priced dropped today and I ordered it. I have my October game!

6. I think gamefly just have it for $19.99 used w/free shipping too.

7. Started it today, it's rough around the edges and the rain looks terrible, but otherwise the aesthetic is pretty alright and I'm enjoying the construction of the city. So far the fog you can't walk through is a clever mechanic to force level style layouts in an otherwise normal looking city.

8. I'm trying to play Yakuza: Like a Dragon but, man, the story and dialogue is atrocious. Not sure I can go on.

9. Also, bought a Legends Ultimate machine from AT Games @ Sam's Club for $570 and added 4000 games via CoinOpsX/USB. It's pretty awesome.

10. That sounds pretty cool!

I’m trying to finish up Red Dead Redemption 2, on PC. I thought I’d finished it last night, but there was a little side story that I have to complete for John’s family.

I also dusted off House of the Dead for the Saturn. My trigger finger was getting a little tired after 3 rounds with the game.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Nov 2022 at 10:05 AM.