Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6575777879

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Tried Battlefield 2042 for a short while and, wow, what a mess. No single player either. Totally forgot its roots as far as I'm concerned.

Playing Mafia: Definitive and enjoying it through the first 4 chapters.

2. Walmart was dumping Battlefield 2042 (PS4/PS5/Xbox) for $15. Unbelievable!

3. The System Shock remake. It is such an incredibly awesome game.

4. That finally came out? Good to hear it came out well. We're about to get overrun by awesome games.

5. I need to check that out.

I looking tinkering around with my backup Sega Saturn and decided to hook it up to the SD CRT to test it out. I dusted off the old Stunner gun and played a couple of rounds of Virtua Cop 2 and Maximum Force. I don't know if it's the Wega, or I'm remembering these games to be a bit more accurate. They seemed to work very well on my old 1995 Trinitron, but the aiming seems just a hair off. I remember trying several DC gun games (on the set) and a couple of them wouldn't even be able to hit the targets on the edge of the screen. I kinda miss that Trinitron.

6. Finally giving Earthbound the old college try and damn! Why didn't anyone tell me this game was so funny and so much fun?!

I kid but for real, I think I was a little nervous of the battle system and it honestly isn't bad at all. A lot of quality-of-life stuff in place, some genuinely interesting mechanics and ... boy it's funny!

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I need to check that out.

I looking tinkering around with my backup Sega Saturn and decided to hook it up to the SD CRT to test it out. I dusted off the old Stunner gun and played a couple of rounds of Virtua Cop 2 and Maximum Force. I don't know if it's the Wega, or I'm remembering these games to be a bit more accurate. They seemed to work very well on my old 1995 Trinitron, but the aiming seems just a hair off. I remember trying several DC gun games (on the set) and a couple of them wouldn't even be able to hit the targets on the edge of the screen. I kinda miss that Trinitron.
    I have never found the Saturn guns to be accurate. It is always off for whatever reasons. I wish it wasn't so.

I recently started playing The Calisto Protocol. It is a bad take on Dead Space.

8. Hyper Light Drifter is pretty close to being my favorite game (Phantasy Star 2 still holds that title). Heart Machine, the dev put their next game, Solar Ash, on GamePass. I started it over the weekend. The jury is still out. I need to give it more time. It's like a 3D exploration platformer, where some of the sections have to be done under a time limit.