Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5666686970717274 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I had a good run with the rail gun yesterday. Got lucky with the hammer with turning the special into a rocket and 5 spread shots, basically 1 shot every non-boss enemy and made short work of Hades.
    I didn't even know that Daedalus provided such an upgrade! Most I've ever had is 3 bombs. I finally did get to the epilogue (you basically have to get everyone's hearts full sans Demeter since that only happens after the epilogue). It was a ton of runs. I only have a couple of achievements left in the game but they are all random. I don't know if I have the patience for the RNG gods to grant me the roll of the digital dice.
    Last edited by Nei; 05 Nov 2021 at 08:44 AM.

2. Played Final Fantasy 7 (original) all the way through this summer. Loved it. Never played it before. Also played Final Fantasy 7 Remake the whole way through. Dug that as well. It was pretty fun to play them both simultaneously. Started Final Fantasy 9. Also really enjoying it. I've been playing these on a CRT and it rules. Just finished Psychonauts 2; such a cool thing. Glad it's getting a lot of love. I was a huge fan of the first one when it came out and wished it had more attention. I tried Deathloop; I liked the presentation but I can't see myself putting that many hours into it. The time manipulation stuff feels pretty shallow and more of an excuse to regurgitate a lot of the same content over and over. Picked up Far Cry 6 since I loved 3 and 4 (not that crazy about 5). I sort of knew what to expect. I'm not obsessed with it but I'm liking it well enough - I changed the audio language to 'Latin American' because the default was kind of cringey, and I also turned off a bunch of waypoint indicator stuff because it's just a lot more fun without a big glowing target on screen all the time. Played It Takes Two with a good friend and that was a really fun experience. Also playing Halo 1 with another friend co-op and that's a lot of fun! Game holds up. Oh, and I played through Metroid Dread. Mixed feelings but overall I enjoyed most of my time with it. (Except for everything QTE related. Gross.) I've been playing a lot of shit! (Dude, why does TNL formatting hate me? I swear I'm using line breaks! I've edited this like 5 times and I can't fix it. Sorry.)
    Last edited by Toupee; 05 Nov 2021 at 01:27 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nei View Post
    I didn't even know that Daedalus provided such an upgrade! Most I've ever had is 3 bombs. I finally did get to the epilogue (took so many runs and basically getting everyone's hearts full sans Demeter since that only happens after the epilogue). That was ton of runs. I only have a couple of achievements left in the game but they are all random. I don't know if I have the patience for the RNG gods to grand me the roll of the digital dice.
    Wow nice, I am still trying to get every heart. It takes forever!

4. I was going to play a little bit of Far Cry 6 today, but the PC game had a huge update that took nearly 40 minutes. I let it load on the living room PC and then turned it off once the update finished.

I did get back into playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PC. They've added Ray Tracing and AMD has their form of DLSS available. The game looks absolutely stunning now. I just entered the city in my last play and tonight I went into a saloon that had a huge mirror behind the bar. The Ray Traced reflections and lighting were quite amazing to look at.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Nov 2021 at 09:56 AM.

5. It's super rare for a racing game to suck me in (basically only Gran Turismo 2, Burnout 3 and Project Gotham 2) but Forza Horizon 5 is just great, I want all the cars and I wanna do all the races.

6. They still trying to sell you all kinds of shit in Forza? That drove me nuts in the last edition that I played.

7. Right now I'm hopping between:

Forza Horizon 5 -- Never played a game in this series but it's on Game Pass so I figured now's as good a time as any. Very approachable, I'm having fun with it.
    Tales of Arise -- I'm about 35 hours in, over the hump. This will likely be the first Tales game I actually beat since Vesperia. Xillia and Berseria I fell off halfway through.
    Life is Strange: True Colors -- currently on chapter 3, so far it feels like a worthy series entry
    Aleste Collection -- For an 8 bit shmup collection, this got a lot of love, including an all new original entry in the series. I've been playing it a lot.

I also took a break after the first game in Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, but I'll likely pick that back up, once I finish one of these others.

8. Forza 5 is really good. I am on XB1x, even that it still runs and looks great. The loading is kinda bad, I wonder if it is better on Series S/X.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Forza 5 is really good. I am on XB1x, even that it still runs and looks great. The loading is kinda bad, I wonder if it is better on Series S/X.
    The loading on the SX is super quick just so you know.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. I don't know what the deal was with Forza Horizon 5 on Game Pass for the PC. I was supposed to have early access, but could never get the game to download. I ended up going back home (left Tuesday morning)) to Montana for my father's funeral and got home less than an hour ago. I'm finally able to download the game.