Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5464666768697072 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. The editor is jacked up right now. I meant to say Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

2. Oh, honestly I got bored of Force unleashed by the Wookie level, which was pretty early I think? Didn't click for me, probably just to dated by the time I played it.

3. Yeah, I’m sure it is. I’ve been sitting on a copy of The Force Unleashed 2 (PC) for quit a long time. I should probably give it a try sometime soon.

4. Damn, I managed to misspell "quite". I'm not fixing it.

I've had a SD2SNES for a little over a year now, and it came with just about every SNES ROM available, including fan translated games. Well, today, I was checking out the D section and noticed that they had the translated version of Dragon Quest 1&2 for the SNES. It's been a long time since I've played the NES cart, or the GB Color Carts, so I thought it would be cool to experience the 16-bit version of the games.

I decided to dust off the old GB Color guide for these games, and I'd noticed something odd. The names to some of the towns and caves were changed from the original NES game, in North America. I happened to have a map from Nintendo Power, that they put out when they gave away a free copy of Dragon Warrior, with a sub to the magazine. Erderick's Cave became Loti Cave on the GB Color, and the name appears to have been a different name for the Japanese game. Odd?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Aug 2021 at 08:24 PM.

5. Tried out Splitgate. It’s pretty cool for a free game. I’m playing it on Series X and it definitely scratches that Halo itch. In fact, it’s so Halo like, I’m surprised Microsoft let it release. Sounds, gun looks, the way it plays, I’d believe it was Infinite if someone told me. Even the play lists are the same. Ones labeled Team Swat and had the exact same parameters as Halos.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. Been playing Battle Chasers (PS4) - it's nothing remarkable but definitely "feels" like a throwback strategy/turn based RPG of yesteryear.

7. I picked up Panzer Dragoon for the Nintendo Switch. The new graphics are pretty nice, but everything just looks so different on a large widescreen. I've never played the original on anything bigger than a 32" 4:3 CRT, so seeing it like this is kind of jarring, but still really cool. It feels like the old game, though I did notice that I couldn't do my rapid fire shots quite as fast as I could on the Saturn. Still pretty cool though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I picked up Panzer Dragoon for the Nintendo Switch. The new graphics are pretty nice, but everything just looks so different on a large widescreen. I've never played the original on anything bigger than a 32" 4:3 CRT, so seeing it like this is kind of jarring, but still really cool. It feels like the old game, though I did notice that I couldn't do my rapid fire shots quite as fast as I could on the Saturn. Still pretty cool though.
    I picked this up several months ago on the Xbox. There is something about the control that's a bit off. It's just no where near as precise. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that the original was basically sprites that were made to look like polygons, making it control more with the preciseness of a 2D game. Versus the new one being all polygons. It felt off enough for me to not continue to play.

What I have been playing lately is Hades. I cleared my first run yesterday after God know how many tries. Seems that in order to get the full story you need to clear the game multiple times. Seeing as to how the first clear was basically luck (I'm not that good), I don't know if I'm going to put the time investment necessary in order to flesh out the story beats.

9. The reticle moves a little too fast and the hit box for the reticle is too small. I takes a lot more sweeps to get an enemy part to lock in, which can be quite frustrating. I persisted with it and currently have the game on sleep on the 4th level.

I did not like Hades at all. I'd much rather get to playing Diablo III on the PS4, which I've been sitting one for several months now.

10. Far Cry 5 - pretty much par for the course if you've played the series before. I like it, but I can see why it got some negative love.