Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6070727374757678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. I absolutely loathed it

2. I loved it, but I want to exactly quote what I said on it:

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    There is for sure a very real ambience and emotion to this game. It FEELS unique.

I'm like 8 hours in now and the only thing I can say with confidence if you are either going to get compeltely sucked in or turn this off in an hour. Did you really, really like MGSV? Did you enjoy the open world and the freedom of either doing story missions or just fucking around on side missions to get more gear? Are you ok with a game that is basically MGSV in terms of overall style, but set in an even crazier world and with basically no combat? Are you down to be way, way more worried about running into enemies than you've maybe ever been in another game, because you have NO FUCKING IDEA where or what they even fucking are? Instead of upgrading mother base and it's different sections with materials, do you want to upgrade you relationships with different people via packages? Seriously, do you want a game that is MGSV mechanics, mission structure, resource collection, graphics, style, menus, music, story, cut scenes, but with magic ghosts or whatever. Do you want a game where you sneak to deliver things instead if killing people?

If you answered yes, this game is fucking incredible. It's weird as all shit, but I'm so happy I jumped in. It's, now that I understand what it is, totally up my alley.

Here's the best example I got. This game is to MGSV what Fallout 3 was to Oblivion. If you played the one, you know what you're getting into with the other.
    More importantly:

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm 45 hours in. The reward cycle for building infrastructure and how much easier it makes it to build more infrastructure and do deliveries, is addicting. The visuals and audio are engrossing. I also totally understand why some people do not enjoy this game at all. It's a paradox.

I simultaneously love this game and cannot recommend it.

3. Finally played through the DLC in Streets of Rage 4 and unlocked more of the characters and Roo, who is super fun and super busted.

I'm also putting some time into Super Gem Fighter on the Capcom arcade collection 2 as well. I am really into it!

4. Same here, I love DS and put over 100 hours into it, but don't think I can recommend. It is very polarizing.

I will definitely play it again too.

5. I'm finally playing God of War (PS4) on a PS5 and I have to say I'm not loving it. The puzzles are getting tedious and I'm maybe 25% into the game. Meh.

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I'm finally playing God of War (PS4) on a PS5 and I have to say I'm not loving it. The puzzles are getting tedious and I'm maybe 25% into the game. Meh.
    I never get hooked either, also about 3-5 hours in as well. I do like the combat but agree with you that the puzzles stop the momentum cold.

7. It’s the only God of War I haven’t finished. Who plays GOW for a bunch of puzzles?

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It’s the only God of War I haven’t finished. Who plays GOW for a bunch of puzzles?
    Yeah, I'm pretty much done playing it already. It's tedious.

9. I picked up Return to Monkey Island, but since it's set after the first two games only, I decided to do a replay of Monkey Island 1 and 2. Knocked off the first game and I'm in the middle of MI2 right now.

FFXIV because.
    Cyberpunk 2077 because edgerunners has inspired me
    SFV because SG6 looks fucking baller!