Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 63737576777879 LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Please go play Vampire Survivors now, it is on Gamepass (both PC and XB). What an addictive little game, you control a pixel dude (one looks like Simon Belmont, another looks like Alucard, etc.) and the only thing you can do is move/dodge. It auto fires for you depending on your equipment, the point is to survive as long as possible (up to 30min) on each stage. There are hordes of monsters coming at you at all times, you level up by collecting coins and choosing upgrades, it is a very simple game but highly addictive.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Please go play Vampire Survivors now, it is on Gamepass (both PC and XB). What an addictive little game, you control a pixel dude (one looks like Simon Belmont, another looks like Alucard, etc.) and the only thing you can do is move/dodge. It auto fires for you depending on your equipment, the point is to survive as long as possible (up to 30min) on each stage. There are hordes of monsters coming at you at all times, you level up by collecting coins and choosing upgrades, it is a very simple game but highly addictive.
    Just watched a trailer, kind of reminds me of like a tower defense game or an auto clicker game, where the time in = more money to spend = more boom = fun to watch numbers grow. I'll give it a go right now.

EDIT: This is so much fun.
    Last edited by Opaque; 15 Nov 2022 at 03:33 PM.

3. Damn so close! Blue vial and the orb that let's you pick up stuff further later combine to make crazy DPS. Also garlic is the GOAT, it's low DPS is only because if you're playing good late game, it's hardly needed anymore, but early game it's so good.

4. Awesome! I was able to complete the library stage with Alucard (lightning). I maxed out the cross, lightning, and spinning book and literally cannot die until the Grim Reaper. I read that there is a way to kill GR too with the right build.

Don't forget to pause the game to look at the map so you can grab some of the extra/hidden items (might need to unlock the map thing first, I forgot).

5. The last 10 minutes of this I moved only to pick up EXP, skull dude is hard to start with but his extra projectiles for every weapon every 20 levels gets bananas at the end. Again, it's all about magenet and the blue vial, at max level they do this shit, add in 5 extra copies and it's incredible.

After 30 minutes a dude just instakilled me after all other enemies disappeared! Guessing that's the Reaper, but it happened so quick.

Last edited by Opaque; 15 Nov 2022 at 10:14 PM.

6. There is a coffin in each stage that you can free (by standing over it), and unlock more characters and based on the hints, Vampire is an unlockable character. Maybe that is how you kill GR.

7. Things have got intense.

First I survived the 5th level. Then I got a thing that let's me find 4 different hidden items used for insane evolutions on every map. Then I killed death. Then I used death to kill 5 deaths glued together.

Then I unlocked some dude who gets half a % of duration, area, damage and speed with every level and comes with a unique whip that can combine with a blood whip to just walk through anything with major damage and healing.

So shit like the attached keeps happening, but you cannot kill these guys without the ring that stuns and halves health made with the two red hidden items and a time staff when all 3 are maxed.

This game is so fucking good.
    Last edited by Opaque; 16 Nov 2022 at 10:44 PM.

8. Damn this is nuts. I am trying to complete each stage for each character before moving to the next.

9. Probably my last "update" though I'm gonna play this shit a lot.

I've hit peak god mode. Endless, unkillable. Basically gold heals me, that dude gains 1% extra gold every level, an arcana makes the gold rush happen anytime I collect a bag, and he makes it last longer. Every level a random weapon gains a buff on top of the other buffs that stack level over level with another arcana. This can go literally forever, as I type this 30 more minutes have passed and I'm at $1.5M.

Last edited by Opaque; 17 Nov 2022 at 07:34 PM.

10. The new Gungrave game is suprisingly solid for what it is. It's definitely a throwback to an older sensibility but if you have fond memories of the originals, it's a new and improved take on that whole thing.