Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 647476777879 LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The new Gungrave game is suprisingly solid for what it is. It's definitely a throwback to an older sensibility but if you have fond memories of the originals, it's a new and improved take on that whole thing.
    It looks/plays like the PS2 games, which were fun for short bursts. I am def going to get it.

2. I still need to play my copy of GG2, though I think it might still be sealed.

3. I've been playing quite a bit of Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5. I decided to finally check out how well Star Wars: Squadrons (PC) played with my new (slightly used) flight stick. It was a bit frustrating at 1st, especially figuring out what buttons were what, but it was recognized by the software and ran like a champ. This is a much better experience, than playing Squadron with a pad.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. I was watching a video, someone posted about a Metroid 2 (Gameboy) remake, talking about improvements to the game heading into 2023. The guy in the video was talking about Nintendo taking down the site that was hosting the download for the game. He became a member of the team that developed Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.

AMR2: This is the title of his fan made remake. I managed to find a site to download the game and have put well over an hour into it. The game is quite fun!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Jan 2023 at 11:47 PM.

5. Oh, you need to send me that file!

6. I finally gave God of War 2018 another chance. The game received an update for PS5, and it looks fantastic. I am enjoying it much more once I understood that this is not GoW. Combat/comboes aren't the focus of the game, it is more of an action RPG. It reminds me more of a souls game (but not as hardcore) as dodging and deflecting are keys over combos.

7. I've been playing Ghost 'n Goblins Resurrection. Just finished the 1st play through on Knight difficulty. But as usual, you need a 2nd play through to get the real ending. The 2nd is way more difficult... Wondering whether or not I'll stick through that second one...

8. Hi-Fi Rush! And it sounds like a ton of people are playing it too. A huge and welcome surprise shadow drop from MS.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Hi-Fi Rush! And it sounds like a ton of people are playing it too. A huge and welcome surprise shadow drop from MS.
    This game really hits that early aughts nostalgia in so many ways. It's like Jet Set Radio, Devil May Cry, and Space Channel 5 made a baby. All the music is from that time, it's a total throwback, and so well done.

10. I still need to play that.

I started playing Atomic Heart on PC last night. It reminds me of Bioshock Infinite. You have a glove that basically acts like the plasmids in Bioshock. They certainly aren't trying to hide that it is a clone of Infinite. *Edit* I couldn't put a finger on it, but the voice actor will sound familiar to you, because it's the same guy that voice V in Cyberpunk 2077. They probably should have gone for a more unknown voice.

I've been playing a ton of Forza Horizon 5 on PC as well. It turns out that once you go past level 200 that you get a star and the level count starts over. I didn't get any kind of prestige achievement for doing so.
    Last edited by gamevet; 26 Feb 2023 at 08:32 PM.