Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5363656667686971 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (long overdue)

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    haha, at least my memory is correct!
    Yup. Don't know how you plucked that one out of the past but you're not wrong.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Yup. Don't know how you plucked that one out of the past but you're not wrong.
    I think it was because I got PS4 a few years ago and DAI was a game I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick up. You shortly posted that you finished the game with over 300hrs played and I figured it must have been a good game. To this day I only played a couple of hours lol.

3. I really liked Dragon Age Origins. I couldn’t get into part 2.

I started playing Octopath Traveler as Olberic. I was also watching a Mavs game at the time, so this was only the 2nd time I’ve played the Switch in portable mode. Looking forward to playing it on the big screen, once I’ve finished up RE Village on PC.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 May 2021 at 06:15 PM.

4. Snagged a PS5.

Returnal is pretty freaking dope!

5. Decided to give Psychonauts a replay for the first time in a long time, to warm up for the new game.

It's very much the game I remember and it really holds up pretty damn well. The flaws I remember are still there -- the first part of the Meat Circus is still a hateful thing, as is the tower climb, and the camera sucks sometimes -- but it hasn't aged badly at all. Pretty keen on the sequel.

Also recently discovered that Sin and Punishment 2 has support for the Classic Controller, which I somehow never knew, so I have been playing that via emulation. I bought the game way back even though I didn't have a Wii, but I've never had the chance to play it all the way through.

Also playing Tales of Destiny Director's Cut on PS2, thanks to a recent translation patch.

6. 127 hours into Dragon Warrior for PS4 - in the epilogue/time chapters, so, almost done
    Pinball Arcade season 2
    And, just started Jedi Fallen Order which looks pretty promising.

7. Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360 on Xbox One X)
    Sigma 2 is good, but it comes up short against the original. This still remains Team Ninja's best. Shame about Koei Tecmo losing the code on NG Black and NG II. I just went BSC through the stairway battle in Chapter 10, bulldozing what seemed like hundreds of enemies by the end of it. Sigma 2 didn't have that many. Right now the Dragon Sword, Kusari-gama, and Lunar are at L3. Eight Tests of Valor are done (BTW there's one more thing I wish Sigma 2 would've kept).
    On a One X it runs great, without the slowdown that you'd see on 360 in busier battles.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 28 Jun 2021 at 10:05 PM.

8. Trying to get into Jedi Fallen Order (PS4) but having a tough time of it. Sigh.

9. I was not expecting it to be a Souls Like, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but the game isn't the same level of unforgiving and the progression of Jedi powers as the game goes on got really rewarding. I liked the second half of the game much more than the start.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Trying to get into Jedi Fallen Order (PS4) but having a tough time of it. Sigh.
    I'm glad to hear that it’s not just me. The pacing is slow and all of the guessing where to go next becomes tiresome. I was expecting something like Force Awakens and ended up feeling like I was playing a bad version of Tomb Raider with light sabers.