Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Fry's Electronics is dying.

1. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Covid had nothing to do with it. They never updated console software, hardware, PC hardware or televisions. They had a small supply of televisions for Christmas at the Plano location, but people had very little reasons to visit a store that was mostly full of unsold inventory, PPE and bottled water. Somebody dumped the old Neo Geo inventory for probably pennies on the dollar, and they just collected dust.

I threw them a bone, whenever I could. I have bought (in the last 6-8 months) an HDMI spitter, a power strip and a PC case. I haven’t been back in a couple of months.

3. Covid should have helped, Bestbuy had record earnings because people had lots of disposable income to blow money on electronics.

4. Radio Shack Dead. Fry’s Dead. Where do you buy computer components, when you don’t want to wait for shipping?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Radio Shack Dead. Fry’s Dead. Where do you buy computer components, when you don’t want to wait for shipping?
    Well Frys hasn't had components at the ready in a decade. Back in 2011 I went there to build a new PC and they only had 1 type of Intel process in stock and no motherboards that fit it.

It was literally impossible to build a computer form scratch and I was told it had had that way for months.

6. Are you talking about Fry’s in Austin, Opaque?

Fry’s in the DFW area was carrying pretty much everything you needed to build a
    PC, until about 3 years ago. They used to be really stupid about displaying real boards, which would end up getting damaged by the idiot customers. I ended up buying an Asus P67 and Z68 board from Fry’s for $35. I repaired the bent pins on the socket and managed to get the z68 board working. I bought a 2500K for $159 from MicroCenter and it was my main PC until 2014, when I put together an i7-4790k PC with parts from MicroCenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Radio Shack Dead. Fry’s Dead. Where do you buy computer components, when you don’t want to wait for shipping?
    MicroCenter! They’ve been my go to place for 9 or so years. They have much better prices than New Egg.