Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 11131415

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    She didn't really matter into the overall narrative of the show that much, she was just somebody Mando called up when he needed some muscle. If they're going to concentrate on Mandalore or whatever in season 3 she can easily be written out:
    Where are the spoiler tags for fuck's sake?

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't know - the double standards are just appalling. Wasn't too long ago that NFL players were castigated for protesting and I don't recall any of them getting fired for not adhering to a code of conduct.

NFL Code of Conduct in 2017 “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... “.
    Does it state there's a punishment for not doing it? If so, then they should receive it. If it says they should but doesn't state any actual requirement, that's something different.

As far as Dobbs goes, you can question certain things about the election but when it raises the bar to allegations to the level that he was insinuating, without evidence other than conjecture, then Fox had to do what it had to do. He and a couple of others are being sued for a monstrous amount because of their unsubstantiated claims.
    So it's Ok for Fox to fire Dobbs for saying stupid shit that hurt the network's brand but not for Disney? She was saying some pretty unsubstantiated stuff.

How about Cuomo? Good thing he didn't step to the front of the line when he could've ran Biden off into next week. Serious misconduct there.
    Cuomo's a shady fuck who I think is one witness away from being run out of office. It just seems to me like there's something brewing there that's ready to explode.

3. There was a time when we'd thought that the world described in the book 1984 wouldn't exist, but now with social media, we are all being constantly observed by the world.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Does it state there's a punishment for not doing it? If so, then they should receive it. If it says they should but doesn't state any actual requirement, that's something different.
    Were they actually doing it AT WORK, you know, while they were getting paid? Did she post stupid shit on Twitter on her own time? That's something different, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    So it's Ok for Fox to fire Dobbs for saying stupid shit that hurt the network's brand but not for Disney? She was saying some pretty unsubstantiated stuff.
    Dobbs was at work, too. Again, different.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Cuomo's a shady fuck who I think is one witness away from being run out of office. It just seems to me like there's something brewing there that's ready to explode.
    I hope so. He's an insufferable conceited arrogant asshole. Kinda like the guy that just left office.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    There was a time when we'd thought that the world described in the book 1984 wouldn't exist, but now with social media, we are all being constantly observed by the world.
    That's the thing. In today's toxic social media world, it doesn't matter if you're at work or not when you say something because you're under the spotlight all the time. These people have to realize that when they start working for a company. The whole "cancel culture" bullshit is just an excuse to avoid accountability (it's only bad when it happens to them or someone like them. Perfectly find when it's the other side!). If you get famous and say stupid shit on social media, don't act all surprised Pikachu when there are consequences.

6. I can see why people are upset with her associating herself with Holocaust Jews just because she gets flack for saying dumb shit. I don’t personally think what she said was fire-worthy tbh. But she had warnings and it’s Disney’s prerogative based on the contract she signed. They’re clearly going max-inclusive on policy.

I liked her character and casting. Really strong female soldier types are hard to cast. Most actresses don’t have enough bulk to be that believable. For a Jedi that’s fine (cause magic) but for warriors it strains disbelief.

But Mandalorian will continue without missing a beat.

7. Yeah, I agree that most stick-thin women Hollywood casts as "really strong female soldier types" are laughable. But when Gina beat up several men at once I believed it 100%.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. The Book of Boba Fett trailer:

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. We cut the cord a couple of months ago and signed up for Hulu. My wife thinks that we have Disney +, but I’ve yet to check it out. I’ll most certainly check these shows out if we do.

10. I've completed the 1st season of the Mandalorian and thought that it was great. I did think that the final chapter was kind of cheesy though.

I've watched the 1st two episodes of Boba Fett. I think that I might actually like this better than the Mandalorian. Boba is put through hell, between escaping the Sarlac Pit, and being held captive. He's a man of honor, that's for sure.