Thread: The 1st 4 hours of MTV.

1. The 1st 4 hours of MTV.

https://archive.org/details/GoogleDr...HFuTVVJMm1Ub3M

My town didn't get cable until the early 80s. I can't quite remember when we had gotten the service, but I'm thinking it was somewhere between 1981 and 1982. I do remember seeing some of these videos on MTV, but not all of them. I remember seeing some pretty rough videos from the likes of Meat Loaf and Van Halen, and that bigger talent wouldn't jump on the band wagon for at least another year. This is a pretty cool look back at the beginnings of the channel.

2. Radical!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Years ago I met one of the engineers that built the original set up for MTV's launch. Cool guy. His back was all fucked up, he had a morphine pump implanted in his body.

4. Jesus that's pretty insane, how bad do you have to fuck something up to get a morphine pump permanently installed.

I used to love shows like Headbangers Ball, and 120 minutes. They introduced me to so many bands I don't think I would have ever heard of, or gotten to experience otherwise.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Jesus that's pretty insane, how bad do you have to fuck something up to get a morphine pump permanently installed.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Welcome to the mouthwatering world of papa's games, where you can indulge in a wide variety of delectable dishes, beverages, and sweets!
    Last edited by Nick; 16 Aug 2023 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Spam link removed.