Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2232343536

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. I’m interested to see If next week spikes after all the protesting.

2. I think next week might have a bump, then the week after that will probably be the real impact. But I wouldn't rule out next week starting a spike. Also, most of the violent thugs I saw hurting the peaceful protesters weren't wearing masks, so it'll be interesting to see if someone maps out infections among the pigs and compares. We know most masks are not super effective, but they have to at least help more than no mask, right?

I love that the 2A lefties in Capitol Hill have released a list of demands... on Medium. (I know it's a transcription but still.)

3. It's starting to look like asymptomatic spread is not really a thing, but stress is not great for the immune system, so someone who is infected and actually coughing up covid is going to make a lot of people sick.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It's starting to look like asymptomatic spread is not really a thing.
    And you’re basing that on what exactly?

If you’re basing it on early WHO findings that they have walked back it’s important to note there is a big difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic, and presymptomatic spread is fully confirmed to be common.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I love that the 2A lefties in Capitol Hill have released a list of demands... on Medium. (I know it's a transcription but still.)
    MSNBC got a hold of a partial list of their demands:

First, don't fuck with me. I'm a desperate man! And second, I want some fresh coffee. And third, I want a recount! And no matter how it turns out, I want my old job back! And I want a bigger office! And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Someone get them a 6000 SUX stat!

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    And you’re basing that on what exactly?

If you’re basing it on early WHO findings that they have walked back it’s important to note there is a big difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic, and presymptomatic spread is fully confirmed to be common.
    I don’t think any of this is rocket science: pre-symptomatic people shed more viral load than asymptomatic carriers. If you show symptoms your body has a higher white blood cell count and your body sheds way more of the virus that infects others. They’re “sicker” so to speak. This is true of all viruses.

I wouldn’t put much stock in to any broad statements of medical evidence right now. They’re always incomplete and these studies take time and use large datasets which by nature makes them exploratory and imprecise.

At one point the WHO was stating loudly that masks don’t work. Except they actually do stop spread, and there is years of actual study suggesting it does indeed help prevent infection too (it’s just not bullet proof). Either way the game plan is clear wash your hands, social distance particularly when inside, and wear a mask.