Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. I'm ok with the $70 price tag for a game I really want (I LOVE the Ratchet and Clank games, I've played each one through multiple times, because New Game + is such a quick pleasure to blast through a few months later and for 4 generations they've been damn near the pinnacle of clean visual for the hardware they're on) but spending $200 or $300 extra for the system from a scalper is a no go. I'm just joking about it.

2. You should follow this dude: https://twitter.com/Jake_Randall_YT. His Twitch livestreams are *extremely* helpful. I got mine in a few days after following his lead and so did my buddy. Mine from Sony last month, his from Gamestop a couple weeks ago.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Don't do it dude. Even I want that game but I'm still balking at the fucking 70 dollar price tag on new release titles.

LOL @ Gamevest, You're just trying to foist that on him. Tell you what, By the end of this month, if my brother hasn't picked it up for me which he said he got me a game for the system, I'll buy it from you.
    Defender for the 2600 was $39.99 when it came out in 1981.

Adjusted for inflation that's $120.75 in 2021 dollars

Thou art a cheap-ass

4. Inflation is one side of the equation. Games back then sells what, 50k copies and that is considered successful? Limited print games run 10-50k alone, AAA titles are in the tens of millions. Granted, the development is also much higher but technology has always gotten cheaper over time. Just look at TV prices.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post

Thou art a cheap-ass
    The fuck you say. Gamevet talked me into dropping a bill on a brand new Pulse 3D Wireless Headset for my PS5. lol

@Opaque : Astrobot on the PS5 is an amazing tech demo of a game. I've never really played the R&C games before but from hearing you talk about, I'm thinking of taking the dive. Tho i feel I should probably start on the 1st games to get a feel for this series.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by BonusKun; 04 Jun 2021 at 04:05 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post

Thou art a cheap-ass
    The Atari VCS was what, $179? That was more than PS3 launch money back then.

I remember taking my birthday money to buy PAC-Man for $28. Yes, that version.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Jun 2021 at 04:56 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The fuck you say. Gamevet talked me into dropping a bill on a brand new Pulse 3D Wireless Headset for my PS5. lol

@Opaque : Astrobot on the PS5 is an amazing tech demo of a game. I've never really played the R&C games before but from hearing you talk about, I'm thinking of taking the dive. Tho i feel I should probably start on the 1st games to get a feel for this series.

Thoughts?
    You can watch a Ratchet and Clank video and get the feel for it, they're straight forward action platformers with wacky weapons and great controls. The sequels are a safe bet too because it's from a trusted developer.

8. Damn does this game look good!

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The Atari VCS was what, $179? That was more than PS3 launch money back then.

I remember taking my birthday money to buy PAC-Man for $28. Yes, that version.
    People kill Atari for E.T. but, man, Pac-Man was the one that got everyone riled up where I lived. It was that terrible.

10. Pac-man was horrible, at least they rectified it with Ms. Pac-man