Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. Same mechanic, just handled way better than anything else I've played, and honestly probably noticed it more because it was tied to trigger feedback so often.

2. Returnal makes phenomenal use of the controller.

3. Wreckfest is pretty cool too!

4. Wreckfest is pretty awesome. I’ve been playing it on PC.

5. So, I thought I'd check out Craigslist, just to see how much the local people are trying to squeeze out of people. It looks like some of them are getting desperate, or there's something fishy, because I saw one selling for $500, which would be a loss after the taxes spent to buy it. There was another that was selling for $550 and he showed that it was still sealed.

This one was pretty funny!

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    So, I thought I'd check out Craigslist, just to see how much the local people are trying to squeeze out of people. It looks like some of them are getting desperate, or there's something fishy, because I saw one selling for $500, which would be a loss after the taxes spent to buy it. There was another that was selling for $550 and he showed that it was still sealed.

This one was pretty funny!

I was thinking of getting one but doesn’t seem like they’ll be available any time soon 😅

My wife wants to get a Switch and I think that might be enjoyable for the kids (we have a PS4 in the house now but I’m not sure how much longer it’ll last). I’ve wanted to play the new Zelda games and I’ve got quite a back-catalogue to play on the PS4, I may forego the PS5.

7. I’ll do like I did with the PS4. I waited a year, after it’s launch, and got one the following Christmas. It may be 2022, before I get one. I have a nice backlog of PS4 games I need to play, plus I got my Switch in January. The new consoles don’t have but a few new titles to play, so once you’ve burned through them, it’s just BC.

8. My PS5 is a PS4 Pro+ machine. It runs PS4 games like a champ.

9. I’m holding out on playing Dayz Gone, because I’d heard that the PS5 runs it at 60fps.

10. PS4 is still $400 all these years later and the PS4 Pro is $450-500 I think. If it wasn’t for a shortage, I don’t imagine many people would still be buying PS4 consoles with how close they are in price to the PS5.

I haven’t decided if I’m actually going to spring on anything yet and if I do, I’ll probably have to make a choice. I made a deal with myself and got my wife to agree that if I quit smoking for 2 months, we could get a PS5 and I just hit 3 months but I’m still not sure if I want to drop the money right now. I may end up getting the Switch because it’s cheaper and has access to a catalogue of games that I haven’t really had much of a chance to look at, plus I think it would be most accessible for my youngest once he starts playing (he’s about to be 3).