Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 818202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. I believe you would need to have that $200 membership just to purchase the console. It’s a lose/lose for the legit buyers.

2. Man, I'm really frustrated by all of this. I refuse to buy Far Cry 6 for PS4 when I want to play it on PS5.

3. I just got a Series S and called it a day. I really like it but it sucked buying memory for it that cost about as much as the console.

4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Man, I'm really frustrated by all of this. I refuse to buy Far Cry 6 for PS4 when I want to play it on PS5.
    I just got it to play on both of my PCs. I’m more interested in the PlayStation exclusives.

5. Oh yes, let's wait until December, Legislator, to come up with this sort of bill! It's not going to do jack shit until next year.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...e-scalper-bots

Quote Originally Posted by videogameschrnicle
    A group of US Democrats have introduced a new bill in the hope that it will ban the use of bots to scalp high-value items including games consoles.

The ‘Stopping Grinch Bots Act’ is being introduced by Representative Paul Tonko, Senator Richard Blumenthal, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Senator Ben Ray Luján, and is designed to crack down on bot technology.

Bots work by automatically notifying users when high value items come in stock at retailers, before circumventing any wait times, adding items to their cart and then completing the checkout process, giving users a huge advantage over regular consumers.

These kinds of tools aren’t new: collectors of sneakers and tickets sometimes use automated tools for identifying restocks. However, gaming’s sharp rise in popularity during the pandemic has reportedly seen bots specifically used to target consoles.

It’s hoped that the new bill will be signed into law, as was the Better Online Ticket Sales Act, which was introduced by Tonko, Blumenthal and Schumer in 2016 to make it illegal to use bots to buy event tickets.

The new legislation, if passed, would apply a similar ban to online retail sites, making it illegal to use bots to buy up stock as soon as it’s made available.

“At a time when families should be able to spend time with their loved ones, digital ‘Grinch bots’ are forcing Americans to scour online sites in the hopes of finding an affordable gift or paying exorbitant prices for a single toy,” Tonko said in a statement.

“These bots don’t just squeeze consumers, they pose a problem for small businesses, local retailers and other entrepreneurs trying to ensure they have the best items in stock for their customers.

“Our Grinch Bots Act works to level the playing field and prevent scalpers from sucking hardworking parents dry this holiday season. I urge my colleagues to join me in passing this legislation immediately to stop these Grinch bots from stealing the holidays.”

6. What a joke our government has become.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    What a joke our country has become.

8. This game deserves its own thread, but oh well. Polyphony Digital just took Forza Horizon 5 out back for a good old ass beating with the graphics of Gran Turismo 7. I've been playing FH5 on PC at 4K and it doesn't floor me like GT7 does in this video.

Here's a comparison video. The inside view of the car in GT7 shows cage roll, while none of that is happening in FH5. The reflections of lights on the cars is just amazing and during the night driving scenes, the car is just too lit up in FH5.

Last edited by gamevet; 08 Mar 2022 at 01:33 AM.

9. I've been messing with GT7 yesterday and today, it's pretty rad. I'm not super into the history of cars, and I have fuck all idea how to tune these things, but it's a good time. Looks great, controls great, just polished all over.

I certainly like this style of game more than the Horizon games, the quality of GT is always there and it's not all bombastic in your face, like the Forza games have become.

10. Now 21 hours after serves went down, with single player still unplayable because they made it all online connection required to best protect their micro transactions, I regret even buying the game.

Had I known I couldn't even do license tests without the servers being up, I wouldn't have supported this garbage. It's one thing to play online and obviously need an online connection, it's another to say single player content can't be played offline in a game thay costs $70.

I had no idea Gran Turismo had gotten so anti-consumer.