Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 919212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Now 21 hours after serves went down, with single player still unplayable because they made it all online connection required to best protect their micro transactions, I regret even buying the game.

Had I known I couldn't even do license tests without the servers being up, I wouldn't have supported this garbage. It's one thing to play online and obviously need an online connection, it's another to say single player content can't be played offline in a game thay costs $70.

I had no idea Gran Turismo had gotten so anti-consumer.
    Online required for single player games is a deal breaker for me too. Fuck that.

2. GT7 is a diaster, between the microtransaction/nerfing rewards for races and online requirements, I will never touch it.

3. Yeah, like I’d said before, I don’t know if I want this game, because I’d heard that GT Sport required you be online to play, and I worried that it would be the case with 7 as well.

4. That's two racing franchises ruined due to the same thing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, like I’d said before, I don’t know if I want this game, because I’d heard that GT Sport required you be online to play, and I worried that it would be the case with 7 as well.
    I say don't do it unless you really like the driving mechanics.

The single player is kind of dumb, the car collecting is near impossible because they've tuned earnings in a way to blatantly encourage micro-transactions, and anytime they have a server issue you just can't even play. All around terrible. What's awesome is the studio head said, and this is a direct quote:

We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.
    Which is the most tone deaf way of saying "I wish you didn't care that we made a game where nickle and diming everyone was clearly the priority, why can't you just let me exploit you? "

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    GT7 is a diaster, between the microtransaction/nerfing rewards for races and online requirements, I will never touch it.
    Yeah this is one of those fucking moments where I'm walking away from the GT games. Having to always be online for a solo game is fucking stupid. Sony's saying we're protecting our game by having it be online to prevent cheating. The fuckers don't get it that people who want to cheat will find a way to do it.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 19 Mar 2022 at 06:33 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. I laughed at how Sony is justifying some of the car purchases to be over $100 each because it simulates the real car market and exclusivity. This is some next level rationalization when the race winnings don't mirror real life winnings to compensate, instead they nerfed the winnings to hell so people are forced to buy credits to have any real chance to buy the expensive cars (which are only available in short windows to further discourage grinding in favor of microtransactions).

8. We all make mistakes.

Sony's was basically every design choice being to protect their micro transactions. Mine was making GT7 the first GT I bought around launch since GT2.

Oh well. Live and learn.

9. Sony's recent bullshit involving GT7 and the PS3 classics "expiring" has pushed me firmly into Xbox and PC this gen.

10. I feel like the last 2 generations have honestly cemented Playstation in the same boat as Nintendo for me, you buy them for exclusives and know that there won't be consumer friendly practices at all.