Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. Yeah I've been low key about owning a PS5. I love it but I don't feel the need to rub it in people's faces. I got mine with pure luck.

Oh speaking of the PS5 Eric, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the new revision of the console...

6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Considering that the price of copper is booming, I can see why Sony removed part of the copper plate. Probably only saves them about $1, but with how in demand copper is right now, shortages could be one (of many) reasons why they made this change in design.

That being said. I think Austin is going to get ripped by the PC tech community, for his flawed review of the heat signature from the PS5s. The new model is actually expelling more heat from the chassis, because of the better fan.

Last edited by gamevet; 30 Aug 2021 at 07:53 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I’m in the don’t care camp too. It just pisses me off when a guy like this is waving his dick in peoples faces, that he also limited edition Xbox’s that scalpers like him hoarded up. Dumbass people need to stop buying from these losers.
    I don't understand why MS even bothered making that LE console without a planned strategy to get them in the hands of users, not scalpers.

It's a massive slap in the face of anyone that actually wanted one when we know that 99% of them were instantly bought by bots of scalpers. I don't even want one, and I'm upset with how horribly that was handled. I can't imagine people who have bought these LEs since the OG Xbox days and are getting just fucked right now because MS is that stupid. Like, I struggle with what their end game even was here? Give scalpers more money by producing something they know damn well no one without a bot has a chance of buying?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I don't understand why MS even bothered making that LE console without a planned strategy to get them in the hands of users, not scalpers.

It's a massive slap in the face of anyone that actually wanted one when we know that 99% of them were instantly bought by bots of scalpers. I don't even want one, and I'm upset with how horribly that was handled. I can't imagine people who have bought these LEs since the OG Xbox days and are getting just fucked right now because MS is that stupid. Like, I struggle with what their end game even was here? Give scalpers more money by producing something they know damn well no one without a bot has a chance of buying?
    I gotta put some of the blame on Amazon, and Covid lockdowns certainly helped make matter worse. Walmart was selling the Series X and PS5 at stores, but because of their own staff stealing or buying the consoles, before they could hit shelves, they decided to make them only available online. Best Buy would rather have you order an item to be shipped to their store for curbside pickup, or delivered directly to you. They’ve cut staff by 30%+, because they want to compete with online retail, over paying staff. We’re all going to be forced to buy lost of our stuff online, if this continues. And the bot buyers will board it all.

5. Austin is sticking to his guns, even though he’s not listening the the PC hardware guys that say his conclusion is based upon a flawed way of testing. Just because the air coming out of the console is hotter, it does not mean that the chips are running hotter too. The hot air coming out, just means that the fan is doing its job of expelling the hot air, than the previous fan. I can say from my own building experience that having a bigger case, does not always mean better airflow. My old Corsair 750D case was huge and even had vents on the top, but my graphics cards would get really hot, inside of that case, because not enough of the hot air was getting expelled. I got a Corsair Air 540, which is way better for airflow and the GPUs ran about 10 degrees cooler in that case.

6. My issue with this is he's entitled to his opinion and I do agree with a lot of his points, This toxic shit he's been getting is way uncalled for. To me it just shows that a lot of people value his thoughts while at the same time a lot of people hate the guy as well.

It was a good video and very informative but that was about it. These people who tried to doxx him along with making death threats over a fucking video game system need to grow the fuck up.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. All of a sudden, everyone has a PhD on thermodynamics and microprocessor cooling.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    My issue with this is he's entitled to his opinion and I do agree with a lot of his points, This toxic shit he's been getting is way uncalled for. To me it just shows that a lot of people value his thoughts while at the same time a lot of people hate the guy as well.

It was a good video and very informative but that was about it. These people who tried to doxx him along with making death threats over a fucking video game system need to grow the fuck up.
    I was okay with it, until he started saying that it was running hotter and could degrade the chip inside. People being childish console fanboys about it, is just uncalled for. Joker did bring up a very good point though. If the console was running hotter, the fan should have ran at a higher speed, unless Sony (for some dumb reason) limited how fast it could run.

I've been watching his channel since he was under 10K subs. I even watched the video where his apartment burned down and I felt so bad for the dude. It's good to see him having success, but with success comes more criticism from the haters.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Sep 2021 at 08:52 PM.

9. The real tests are starting to show up. This guy shows that the new PS5 has it's CPU running 11 degrees cooler than the old setup.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The real tests are starting to show up. This guy shows that the new PS5 has it's CPU running 11 degrees cooler than the old setup.

Refreshing to see someone apply engineering testing rigor to prove a point instead of click bait videos.