Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. Ridiculous - I've been looking for one since launch. This is worse than the Saturn launch.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Ridiculous - I've been looking for one since launch. This is worse than the Saturn launch.
    Yeah the scalper market has really, really fucked this up for so many people. I've loathed scalpers since the NES classic bullshit but this is on another whole level. That new Amiibo for Zelda Skyward sword alone is just fucking disgusting. Pre-orders sold out instantly and people are flipping them on ebay at already double to triple the price.

Honestly while we can tell people not to support these fucking scumbags, It's gonna take something more extreme to stop this shit. My only thought was major online sites like ebay, amazon & other major places put a lock on selling new content items like this for a limited time to maybe put a cap on these items selling out so fast. I would say at least 6 months to a year so companies can get enough of these out there so the scalpers would have to think twice about buying these up to flip on the 2ndary market.

Edit: @ KoF, If you happen to see that Skyward Sword Amiibo next time you're at the Nintendo store, hook a brotha up!

Oh and I've seen multiple Switches at Walmart and Targets all the damn time. Literally walking in once a week and they keep restocking the original and Animal Crossing systems all the fucking time. Yeah the tech is older but this is just hilarious. With the pure lack of stock on both the PS5 and new Xbox, people are literally buying up Swiches because there really isn't any other choice anymore if you want to get something more modern. While scalpers are buying up systems with bots left and right, Nintendo is actually getting systems in the hands of people so in the end they're winning this race more then anyone right now.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 27 May 2021 at 09:59 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I no longer commute into Manhattan for work, so I can't help you

Scalpers are everywhere for everything nowadays. It is really unfortunate, the only solution is to be zen and learn to live without.

4. My local Walmart has sold out of their Animal Crossing Switches last week. They restocked with the Switches that have the red and blue Joy-cons. It’s the same model I bought in early February.

5. My PS4 Pro bit the dust last week. Replacing it doesn't make sense with PS5 out, but finding one...

6. What is wrong with it?

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Ridiculous - I've been looking for one since launch. This is worse than the Saturn launch.
    I initially refused to do it, but I ended up following that restock dude on Twitter. Had one within the week. I think thats about the only legit way to get one at this point.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    My PS4 Pro bit the dust last week. Replacing it doesn't make sense with PS5 out, but finding one...
    What happened to it dude? It might be fixable so don't trash it yet!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I initially refused to do it, but I ended up following that restock dude on Twitter. Had one within the week. I think thats about the only legit way to get one at this point.
    The who the what dude?

10. This guy: https://twitter.com/mattswider?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Also install OctoShop, that's actually what alerted me to the Best Buy deal I got my Series X on a minute before Matt tweeted. I installed it and started following Mattt 3 weeks ago and it got me a Series X, so far no luck on the PS5 but I've at least been in contention for them a few times.