Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2042

1. Battlefield 2042

Official in engine reveal trailer.. (no gameplay)

Overview of what is going to be included.

Official gameplay reveal 13 June (This Sunday).
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Is this a sequel or a remake?

And who the hell jumps out of a perfectly good F-22, to shoot down another plane with a rocket launcher?

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Is this a sequel or a remake?
    No headline Battlefield title has taken place in 2042. It is neither a sequel nor a remake. There is no single player campaign, no real story mode beyond the set up for the fighting. It takes place in between Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 2142, with near-future content, and I think gameplay that is supposed to replicate Battlefield 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    And who the hell jumps out of a perfectly good F-22, to shoot down another plane with a rocket launcher?
    Sounds like you've never played battlefield. :P

4. That's what I was thinking of, Battlefield 2142. That came out like what, 15 years ago?

5. I'm really slipping that I wasn't the one to make this thread lol.

I LOVE what I've seen so far in the trailer and the gameplay video. They're doubling down on what made BF4 great and turning it up! Levolution (i hate the term too) looks crazier, esp the rocket launch! All the new gadgets look cool too! Swinging with grappling hooks, ziplines, robot dogs lol. Sing me up! I hope cloaking and melee kills are what they were in 2142!! I LOVE getting dogtags. No better way to mess with your friends than getting their tags!!

I really like changing the attachments on the fly too. Great idea!

I hope their season passes aren't as short as COD Warzone and I hope they don't try to milk us to death with them. I know it'll be the free to play side of the game, but Warzone is too aggressive. I hope the FTP mode is more interesting than just another Battle Royale. They need to innovate.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I'm really slipping that I wasn't the one to make this thread lol.
    There are three TNL Battlefield champions: You, me, and Destro.

Here is the actual gameplay footage they released on Sunday.

7. I never cared about this series until I started playing BF5 with my buddy. Now I'm kind of into it, and looking forward to this one.

8. I’ve kind of fallen out of the multiplayer for Battlefield, since BF3. My favorite was Bad Company 2, with its smaller maps.I played the shit out of that on the 360.
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Jul 2021 at 06:15 PM.

9. Anyone playing this yet? I've put in 6 hours and I'm gonna hold off on it for a bit. I can see a good game in there among all the bugs and missing features but this game needed to be delayed so we can get normal stuff like a score board, a server browser, VOIP, better PC performance, etc.
    I've been a part of every beta and demo and launch of this series and while this game is FAR from the worst launch, EA will never learn if we just blindly buy these games.

Anyone else have experiences on last gen? I'm really curious about the PS4 version because I'd love to play this game without all the PC hacks in play.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Anyone playing this yet? I've put in 6 hours and I'm gonna hold off on it for a bit. I can see a good game in there among all the bugs and missing features but this game needed to be delayed so we can get normal stuff like a score board, a server browser, VOIP, better PC performance, etc.
    I've been a part of every beta and demo and launch of this series and while this game is FAR from the worst launch, EA will never learn if we just blindly buy these games.

Anyone else have experiences on last gen? I'm really curious about the PS4 version because I'd love to play this game without all the PC hacks in play.
    This guy does a pretty good assessment of the PS4 version vs. the Series X.

I've seen a lot of reviews from experienced Battlefield players that call this game a bust.