Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    What happened to it dude? It might be fixable so don't trash it yet!
    Bad PSU, but that apparently wasn't the end of it. I replaced the PSU, repasted the CPU it, replaced the thermal pads and it's still dead. Could be one of those cases where the PSU fucked up something else.

2. That's a bummer.

My 60 GB PS3 had its PSU fail, and luckily I had a backup from a trashed 60 GB PS3 I picked up from a friend for $20. I'm eventually going to have to replace the thermal paste on it, but it's still kickin'.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Bad PSU, but that apparently wasn't the end of it. I replaced the PSU, repasted the CPU it, replaced the thermal pads and it's still dead. Could be one of those cases where the PSU fucked up something else.
    That fucking sucks. Have you considered sending it to Sony for some kind of warranty repair? My PS4 Pro is still kicking like nobody's business but it's depressing to hear that yours shit the bed. It makes me wonder when mine will eventually fucking die on me.

You should also look into maybe a few local game store repair shops in your area. The thought of you losing $400.00 to something like that just makes me ill. I love current gaming but the fact that a lot of hardware seems to be on a limited shelf life compared to older retro consoles is just disheartening.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 29 May 2021 at 10:24 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. This link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Single-Us...E&gclsrc=aw.ds worked for me this morning. Let's see if it actually ships.

5. Crossing my fingers for you brotha!

6. I have no idea. I'll let you know if it works.

7. So I ended up grabbing a PS5 last month and I have to admit I freaking love it.

Having largely skipped all consoles in the last decade-or-so except for Nintendo ones, I usually had a PC to play most everything else. But, man, they really nailed the UI/UX and there's just so many quality-of-life touches.

Being able to do everything I want to do in a couple of button presses is just so much more -convenient- than loading up Windows and having to deal with different launchers or streaming software or Discord or whatever else. It's just nice, it feels premium and fresh.

I even bought second copies of games I already own on PC because the ease of jumping into something on here is just so fast (I don't always keep my PC on these days, and it's multiple steps of boot up, logging in, etc etc...) Exclusives wise, I stand by my intuition about most of the big PS4 heavy hitters not being for me.

Even Last Guardian is kind of disappointing (creature design and animation are stunning though). And of course there aren't many PS5 exclusives at all, except: Returnal. Returnal is damn good. Good shit.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 02 Jun 2021 at 02:24 PM.

8. I loved your post bro but god damn please space out your paragraphs. lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I loved your post bro but god damn please space out your paragraphs. lol
    Ugh, sorry. I have no idea why, but line breaks just aren't working for me, even if I try to edit my posts. I don't know what the hell is going on with my browsers these days - it's driving me crazy, believe me. Seems like no matter what I'm posting from, even if I try to edit later, it just... breaks? Currently on Firefox on Mac. Nothing outlandish! No idea what's up with this...