Thread: Want to buy: digital camera

Want to buy: digital camera

I'm thinking of getting a better digital camera. Maybe a d700 with a af nikkor 50mm 1 1 8d or af-s Dx nikkor ed 18 55mm f3.5 5.6d

Before I buy a 10 year old camera, does anyone here play with this upper range stuff? Is there a better alternative in the price range?

Kinda want to stick with Nikon so I can use family and friend's lenses.

I'm not that familiar with Nikon, I shoot with Canon and Olympus, but that's only because those are the cameras I found at the best price at the time. What kind of price range are you looking at, and what are you shooting?

I THINK you can use most Nikon lenses on Canon cameras, but not the other way around. I know you need an adaptor, but it might be worth looking in to.

I have a 10ish year old Canon EOS Rebel T3 that takes pictures at a higher quality than I'll ever need to. It's cool. Andre Agassi used to sling those cameras back when he had hair.

4. Are you sure that wasn't his wig phase? It's important to establish the correct timeline.

5. Latest iPhone probably has a better camera.

EDIT: I am half kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Latest iPhone probably has a better camera.
    ...basically why my fancy camera lives in the closet. Also art is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't his wig phase? It's important to establish the correct timeline.
    All timelines are incorrect now. There is no escape.

7. What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I THINK you can use most Nikon lenses on Canon cameras, but not the other way around. I know you need an adaptor, but it might be worth looking in to.
    Don't do this. All those cool features like autofocus and metering won't work. Not worth the $200 adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    ...basically why my fancy camera lives in the closet. Also art is bullshit.
    Agreed.

8. Arrays of cheap CMOS sensors and a lot of post processing make phone cameras good enough for most things, but there's no substitute for a DSLR if you need to use different lenses.
    The one thing I would look out for is how well the camera works in low light. Even with a superior CCD sensor, most older DSLR cameras don't handle low-light conditions as well as some modern phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydant View Post

Don't do this. All those cool features like autofocus and metering won't work. Not worth the $200 adapter.
    Yeah, it's not great to use adapters with most modern cameras unless it's adapters within the same company's line. Like, using an adapter to use Canon EF lenses on the new M line of cameras works well, but you wouldn't want to use Nikons on them. Also, most old film camera lenses are garbage on newer DSLRs, they were never designed to handle the detail of digital cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

10. I hear you can save a lot of money shopping in store these days.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt