Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

Biden made the decisions he did almost certainly because he was given bad Intel and bad advice from the same generals that have been lying to us for 20 years.
    Straight up I'd agree with this but it was already proven and documented that he straight up ignored what so many people were telling him was a very bad idea. Trump had wanted to do the same thing Biden did but he actually listened when advisers explained it to him it was a stupid idea. Biden is sitting right now as one of the worst liars about this whole mess.

He should have never became president. Bernie would have been a better choice.

@Gamevet: 100% agreed. These people literally live in the stone age when it comes to morals. Their treatment of women as 2nd class citizens shows that finding a common ground is something we'll never fully see eye to eye.

P.S. Every fucking time I hear someone said. "We're only there for the oil.", I want to bang my head on a wall.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 28 Aug 2021 at 05:26 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Straight up I'd agree with this but it was already proven and documented that he straight up ignored what so many people were telling him was a very bad idea.
    No it hasn't. There's a lot of people doing damage control out there and directly contradicting shit they said like 3 weeks ago but I don't buy it.

Trump had wanted to do the same thing Biden did but he actually listened when advisers explained it to him it was a stupid idea.
    Super bad take. Those people weren't advising him now to get troops out "the right way" they were just convincing him to delay and not do it at all. Which is the wrong thing. And would have cost more life.

If you're still framing this as should we have withdrawn or not, even in the face of everything that has happened, then I don't know what to tell you.

And the selective outrage from people who stood by Trump as he pulled up stakes in Syria and let our Kurdish allies get slaughtered as an apparent favor to a dictator makes me sick. It's clearly just craven partisanship and not an honest moral position.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    No it hasn't. There's a lot of people doing damage control out there and directly contradicting shit they said like 3 weeks ago but I don't buy it.
    No it's sadly really true buddy. He was told pulling out was a bad idea *insert penis joke here* and he decided to go ahead and do it anyways.

4. Biden committed the number one sin versus the media. Lied to them.

They don't tolerate that.

When cnn, msnbc and the mainstream is calling you out or just ignoring you and you are a D president, you fucked up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    No it's sadly really true buddy. He was told pulling out was a bad idea *insert penis joke here* and he decided to go ahead and do it anyways.
    Ok, but you get that "not pulling out" is actually *much worse* advice, right? Like that's also a big fat stupid lie. Their job was to advise him *how* to pull out and they didn't.

6. Buck stops with Biden, as he likes to say.

Leaving is the right choice. Way it was done, not so much. Do nothing, blame someone else. Take credit, shun responsibility.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Buck stops with Biden, as he likes to say.

Leaving is the right choice. Way it was done, not so much. Do nothing, blame someone else. Take credit, shun responsibility.
    This 100%. He was asked in an interview if this could have been done better and he straight up said no.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That's just a cop out excuse. This shit is Biden's bag. You can't blame someone who hasn't been in office for close to 9 months. Those 13 dead marines are on Biden's hands.
    Meh. I don't think it's a stretch to put some accountability about the Taliban taking over the country on the guy who set them free and negotiated with them behind the government's back. Biden could have torn up the treaty, sure, but the Taliban were already advancing in the country by January of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Russia bailed on Afghanistan, long before we tried to do something about it. There's nothing you can do for a country full of 3rd world poverty level of citizens, basing their ideals around religious nonsense. Religion will always govern over these people, until they finally decide to educate themselves (question what they are told, which I did at a really early age) and realize that they are fighting an endless battle, based around fucking nonsensical propaganda, that those in power use to control them.
    The problem is our fucking constant belief that we have to jump into other countries to "save" them whether they asked for it or not. If they want to live in the stone age, let them. No one in Washington was clutching their pearls at the Taliban's human and civil rights atrocities before 9/11. I don't see why we give a shit now. There are other ways to get them to to the table without invading, which we just LOVE to do. The U.S. loves to invade countries but never has a fucking clue what to do afterward because it's never about "saving" anyone. It's about $$$ and nothing more. It's bullshit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The U.S. loves to invade countries but never has a fucking clue what to do afterward because it's never about "saving" anyone. It's about $$$ and nothing more. It's bullshit.
    I would think Europe (x2), South Korea, and South Vietnam would disagree with this.