Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 506062636465666878 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 795

Thread: The Biden Presidency

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    And yet, miraculously, I manage to actually address policy and not just literally just respond with "Hoah and Trump Sitting in a Tree," which seems way beyond the capacity of either you or MVS, who crumble like a house of cards the second you hear a follow up question.

    The problem is not having a side but being unable or unwilling to defend it.
    And here we go again. For the four thousandth time: NO PARTY AFFILIATION. NEVER VOTED FOR TRUMP. PRO CHOICE. PRO UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE. PRO GAY MARRIAGE. PRO GREEN ENERGY. I live in a net zero house for fuck's sake and work for a company that does energy audits. Show me your voter ID card, fucknuts, and I'll show you mine. I'm as down the middle as it gets. Because I disagree with some of your pro LEFT positions does not make me RIGHT.

    So tired of this bullshit - am I in here trashing Biden and the Democrats like you anti-trumpeters were every fucking day?

    It's pointless to argue with someone that's arguing against points that were never made and has never been wrong in his entire adult life.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    And here we go again. For the four thousandth time: NO PARTY AFFILIATION. NEVER VOTED FOR TRUMP. PRO CHOICE. PRO UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE. PRO GAY MARRIAGE. PRO GREEN ENERGY. I live in a net zero house for fuck's sake and work for a company that does energy audits. Show me your voter ID card, fucknuts, and I'll show you mine. I'm as down the middle as it gets. Because I disagree with some of your pro LEFT positions does not make me RIGHT.

    So tired of this bullshit - am I in here trashing Biden and the Democrats like you anti-trumpeters were every fucking day?

    It's pointless to argue with someone that's arguing against points that were never made and has never been wrong in his entire adult life.
    I don't know what you think I am saying, but my point here is that MVS just makes ad hominem attacks and you just tend to back off "agree to disagree" and neither of those are really arguments. It's fucking frustrating. At least I try to stay on point.

    Truly, I don't even like Biden. I didn't like Obama either. I am very critical of neoliberalism in general and people like Biden and Pelosi are their biggest advocates. I lean much more toward the populist left than I do the identitarian left or the neoliberal left.

    But that doesn't mean all criticism of Biden is valid. Not all criticism of Trump. People focus too much on the president to the point where other politicians are actively incentivized to sabotage the country.

    Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't know what you think I am saying, but my point here is that MVS just makes ad hominem attacks and you just tend to back off "agree to disagree" and neither of those are really arguments. It's fucking frustrating. At least I try to stay on point.
    "Haoh and Trump in a tree" and you're trying to stay "on point"? On what point? Our entire last discussion was you refuting arguments that I never made and you think you're frustrated? Get in line, buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Truly, I don't even like Biden. I didn't like Obama either. I am very critical of neoliberalism in general and people like Biden and Pelosi are their biggest advocates. I lean much more toward the populist left than I do the identitarian left or the neoliberal left.

    But that doesn't mean all criticism of Biden is valid. Not all criticism of Trump. People focus too much on the president to the point where other politicians are actively incentivized to sabotage the country.
    The last two presidents that I remotely cared for were Clinton and GW. Didn't like Obama, Trump, or Biden. And, truly, I despise where our political system is and have said so on these boards for many years - politicians on both sides are serving themselves and not their constituents. The whole thing is a cesspool that needs to be pumped, rewritten, and then rebooted.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    "Haoh and Trump in a tree" and you're trying to stay "on point"? On what point?
    Are you fucking kidding me, dude? The sentence I wrote was "You don't see me responding to you with stuff like "'Haoh and Trump sitting in a tree.'" I am saying I wouldn't and don't do that, I respond to you your actual points.

    That's a direct reference to MVS responding to a point about policy with "You have your head up Biden's ass." I was using an example of what a similarly childish and off base ad hominem toward you would sound like.

    Seriously, read slower, dude.


    Our entire last discussion was you refuting arguments that I never made and you think you're frustrated? Get in line, buddy.
    No, it was me pressing you to elaborate on a seemingly incoherent point and you saying "It's just my opinion" over and over.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Oct 2021 at 05:53 PM.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me, dude? The sentence I wrote was "You don't see me responding to you with stuff like "'Haoh and Trump sitting in a tree.'" I am saying I wouldn't and don't do that, I respond to you your actual points.

    That's a direct reference to MVS responding to a point about policy with "You have your head up Biden's ass." I was using an example of what a similarly childish and off base ad hominem toward you would sound like.

    Seriously, read slower, dude.
    You're right, I misread it. My fault.


    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    No, it was me pressing you to elaborate on a seemingly incoherent point and you saying "It's just my opinion" over and over.
    Holy shit. The entire discussion is fucking opinion. Listen, if you can't see how a two year 24/7 "investigation" into Russian interference into our election could cast doubt on the entire process then I'm just throwing my hands in the air and walking away. Hell, how many idiots watching the daily CNN/MSNBC barrage decided that Trump colluded with the Russians and "stole the election"? How much did the daily Schiff nonsense cast doubt in the eyes of Republican voters? How many people decided that the elections are "rigged" and didn't participate in the process anymore? We'll never know. 530,000+ stories were written about Trump and Russian collusion on the web in a period of 10 months. That is positively astounding. And this didn't affect future elections? Doubts? Decision to vote for Biden because half of the U.S. believed Trump colluded with Russia? Decision not to vote for Trump and just stay home? Doubts the election was fair? Hillary's comments about it essentially saying he's a fake President? On and on. I mean, I don't even get what you're trying to argue here - that this whole debacle had/has no impact on subsequent elections? Come on.

    Incoherent my ass.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    And yet, miraculously, I manage to actually address policy and not just literally just respond with "Hoah and Trump Sitting in a Tree," which seems way beyond the capacity of either you or MVS, who crumble like a house of cards the second you hear a single follow up question.

    The problem is not having an opinion but being unable or unwilling to defend it. I have a political belief system but I don't invest that in personalities or parties, and if you ask me why I believe something I can tell you. That seems to be beyond some people.
    Let's go Brandon!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Holy shit. The entire discussion is fucking opinion.
    Right. Having an opinion is the starting point of a conversation, not the end point. I tried to ask you questions and you ignored them.

    Listen, if you can't see how a two year 24/7 "investigation" into Russian interference into our election could cast doubt on the entire process then I'm just throwing my hands in the air and walking away.
    I feel like you might not actually be familiar with the substance of the Russiagate story. Your phrasing is really curious and it seems like you're genuinely unclear.

    Again, Russiagate was never about vote integrity. It was about the fact that Russian hackers targeted Hillary and the DNC and leaked emails, and ran a covert social media campaign to encourage cultural division with the aim of helping Trump get elected. All of which has been substantiated and is widely accepted as fact by every intelligence agency. It wasn't about hacking or fraud, and it didn't claim the vote itself was illegitimate.

    And my point is that it's a very different thing to complain about the very real reasons WHY you lost than to dispute the fact THAT you lost. No one disputed the result of the election. There's a massive gulf between those things, and one is not a slippery slope to the other. Politicians have been bitching about the unfair circumstances of election defeats since time immemorial, but you're creating a false equivalency here that simply doesn't hold up.

    Hell, how many idiots watching the daily CNN/MSNBC barrage decided that Trump colluded with the Russians and "stole the election"? How much did the daily Schiff nonsense cast doubt in the eyes of Republican voters? How many people decided that the elections are "rigged" and didn't participate in the process anymore? We'll never know. 530,000+ stories were written about Trump and Russian collusion on the web in a period of 10 months. That is positively astounding. And this didn't affect future elections? Doubts? Decision to vote for Biden because half of the U.S. believed Trump colluded with Russia? Decision not to vote for Trump and just stay home? Doubts the election was fair? Hillary's comments about it essentially saying he's a fake President? On and on. I mean, I don't even get what you're trying to argue here - that this whole debacle had/has no impact on subsequent elections? Come on.
    I understand that you could call both things "sore loserism," but that isn't the thing I'm trying to discuss. There's a vast difference between making excuses for a loss and denying the loss is legitimate, and to my knowledge I don't think any democratic leaders were denying that all those votes were real and legal, right?

    There's a huge gulf between those things. If Trump was simply whining about the media and Covid influencing the vote, or whatever, that would be pretty normal. It's different than actually attempting to conspire with government officials to stage a coup or summoning a lynch mob to scare the vice president into overturning the electoral college. I'm sure you can get how that is a pretty big fucking leap.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Oct 2021 at 01:39 PM.

  8. Let's go Brandon!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Right. Having an opinion is the starting point of a conversation, not the end point. I tried to ask you questions and you ignored them.
    You might want to go look up the definition of opinion. Hint: facts are not required to have one



    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I feel like you might not actually be familiar with the substance of the Russiagate story. Your phrasing is really curious and it seems like you're genuinely unclear.

    Again, Russiagate was never about vote integrity. It was about the fact that Russian hackers targeted Hillary and the DNC and leaked emails, and ran a covert social media campaign to encourage cultural division with the aim of helping Trump get elected. All of which has been substantiated and is widely accepted as fact by every intelligence agency. It wasn't about hacking or fraud, and it didn't claim the vote itself was illegitimate.

    And my point is that it's a very different thing to complain about the very real reasons WHY you lost than to dispute the fact THAT you lost. No one disputed the result of the election. There's a massive gulf between those things, and one is not a slippery slope to the other. Politicians have been bitching about the unfair circumstances of election defeats since time immemorial, but you're creating a false equivalency here that simply doesn't hold up.
    And, again, you're litigating what "Russiagate" was and I'm opining on what it's effects on voters might have been. These are two very distinct and different things and, for the life of me, I can't understand why you can't understand this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I understand that you could call both things "sore loserism," but that isn't the thing I'm trying to discuss. There's a vast difference between making excuses for a loss and denying the loss is legitimate, and to my knowledge I don't think any democratic leaders were denying that all those votes were real and legal, right?

    There's a huge gulf between those things. If Trump was simply whining about the media and Covid influencing the vote, or whatever, that would be pretty normal. It's different than actually attempting to conspire with government officials to stage a coup or summoning a lynch mob to scare the vice president into overturning the electoral college. I'm sure you can get how that is a pretty big fucking leap.
    Like I've said before you're talking about this and I'm talking about that and we're just talking past each other. Clearly, we're not understanding what we're trying to communicate to each other, so, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, can we please drop this conversation? Third request.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    You might want to go look up the definition of opinion. Hint: facts are not required to have one
    Again, no one is asking you to prove anything. But opinions can, in fact, be argued, elaborated on, and extrapolated from. This is, in fact, the basis of nearly all human conversation, and I'm not sure why you are acting like an alien who just got to earth whenever you get called out...
    And, again, you're litigating what "Russiagate" was and I'm opining on what it's effects on voters might have been. These are two very distinct and different things and, for the life of me, I can't understand why you can't understand this.
    So are you just arguing that voters are kind of stupid and don't really know what Russiagate was and so they think it was about election fraud? I get that the impact of something might be different than reality of it, but if that's your argument then it becomes a pretty different conversation about who's to blame...

    And if not, then for the love of God say what you're trying to say instead of huffing about how "It's so obvious that if I have to explain it then... I... won't."
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Oct 2021 at 05:16 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo