Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6272747576777880 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 821

Thread: The Biden Presidency

  1. This is a particularly bad take:

    We come together to mourn the lives lost to the same racist system that devalues ??the lives of black people and devalues ??the lives of Anthony and JoJo.*# ReimagineKenosha

    Mark Ruffalo (@MarkRuffalo)*November 19, 2021

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Didn't really come out during the Rittenhouse trial (not that I was aware of, anyway), but it turns out that Joseph Rosenbaum was a straight-up child rapist who had served time for diddling little boys. Sounds like Rittenhouse did the world a favor when he offed this creep.

    And speaking of the nonsense that the prosecutor said during the trial, how about how he tried to portray Joseph Rosenbaum's crimes on the evening of his death as being no big deal at all?

    I'm no fan of Ben Shapiro, but this was the only video I could find with an isolated clip of this nonsense (at 6:26):


    Um...pretty much everything you described was a crime, dude.
    I know about this Rosenbaum's shit. The kids he messed with were around 11 to 15 or something? I didn't care about him getting shot as he was trying to touch another minor again but the state lines thing people keep avoiding is Kyle didn't have the rifle on him when he crossed over. Also they seem to make it like he drove 10 or so hours to cross the state line when in reality it was only 21 fucking miles from where he was.

    Every single person crying about this shit just gives me a headache. It was 100% proven self-defense and some people are acting like just because he's a white person he gets a free pass to murder people? The fuck is wrong with these morons.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Didn't really come out during the Rittenhouse trial (not that I was aware of, anyway), but it turns out that Joseph Rosenbaum was a straight-up child rapist who had served time for diddling little boys. Sounds like Rittenhouse did the world a favor when he offed this creep.
    We need to be careful talking like this, because it's a poor rationale for going out and playing batman with semi-automatic rifle. Rosenbaum sounds like a shitty human, but the fact is he was in the middle of a mental health episode and was yelling at a lot of people, none of whom decided to shoot him except Rittenhouse.

    Remember, he shot the guy four fucking times, including once in the back after he was running away. For a self-defense case, you have to justify every shot fire, not just opening fire. I have a hard time with shooting a fleeing, unarmed man in the back being justified even if he started it.

    He also shot Gaige when he had his hands up in the air.

    It's a messy case, and I think a lot of the stuff that favors Rittenhouse DID get under-reported in the mainstream media, and there are some peculiarities of the law in Wisconsin that favor Rittenhouse, but however you feel about the verdict we need to be careful not to make a hero out of this kid who was absolutely there to play fucking vigilante/wannabe cop.

    There's not a lot of very balanced discussion on this case, everyone is just pushing their side. I found this podcast refreshingly honest and rounded.



    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Every single person crying about this shit just gives me a headache. It was 100% proven self-defense and some people are acting like just because he's a white person he gets a free pass to murder people? The fuck is wrong with these morons.
    It wasn't "100% proven," there is a lot of ambugity in a case like this. Had Gaige Grosskreutz shot Rittenhouse, he also would have likely been let off, because the standard is simply "reasonable doubt" in a deeply chaotic situation full of doubt. Avoid talking in terms of absolutes like "100% proven," that isn't what that verdict means. Reasonable people can disagree, but that's the literal definition of "reasonable doubt."

    There are a lot of circumstances that look real fucking bad for Rittenhouse, including the things I mentioned above. I understand the deeply terrible job the prosecution did and why Rittenhouse was acquitted but saying "100% proven" is not earned.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 26 Nov 2021 at 04:32 PM.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Remember, he shot the guy four fucking times, including once in the back after he was running away.
    Why are you lying?

    He shot the jojo 4x in under a second as jojo was running at him.

    Here's what Doug Kelley, deputy chief medical examiner for Milwaukee County,*said in court:

    During cross-examination, Rittenhouse's attorney, Mark Richards, asked Kelley if Rosenbaum's hand was over the barrel of Rittenhouse's AR-15-style rifle when he was first shot.

    Kelley said that "makes sense."

    Kelley also confirmed Rosenbaum was falling forward, not walking away, when he was shot in the back by Rittenhouse.

    Falling forward, due to being shot 3x then shot a 4th time. All in under a second.

    https://globalnews.ca/video/8362302/...at-close-range

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    He also shot Gaige when he had his hands up in the air.
    As the dude had a gun in his hand and admitted in court he only got shot after pointing it at rittenhouse...

    Rittenhouse is no hero but what he did was 100% self-defense.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It wasn't "100% proven," there is a lot of ambugity in a case like this.Had Gaige Grosskreutz shot Rittenhouse, he also would have likely been let off
    No it was 100% proven. All the video evidence, and testimony from their key witness confirmed it was self-defense. The stupidass on the stand even admitted he wasn't fired upon until after he pulled his gun out & pointed it at Kyle. In any logical sense when you pull a gun out & point it at someone, it means you better be ready for the consequences of doing that.

    It's been said time and time again that if you pull a gun on someone then you damn well better prepared for what happens. It was self-defense and nothing you say is going to change that.

    And seriously Frog there is no reason to lie about this.

    Edit: Yeah Matt I agree. Kyle was a fucking idiot for even being there but regardless of the situation being hit in the head and neck with a skateboard & having someone pointing a gun at him while he was trying to get away left him with no options seeing as at that point he was fearing for his life. A 17 year old kid isn't going to think about the after effects when he's thinking he might die.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 26 Nov 2021 at 07:35 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  6. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Why are you lying?

    He shot the jojo 4x in under a second as jojo was running at him.

    Here's what Doug Kelley, deputy chief medical examiner for Milwaukee County,*said in court:

    During cross-examination, Rittenhouse's attorney, Mark Richards, asked Kelley if Rosenbaum's hand was over the barrel of Rittenhouse's AR-15-style rifle when he was first shot.

    Kelley said that "makes sense."

    Kelley also confirmed Rosenbaum was falling forward, not walking away, when he was shot in the back by Rittenhouse.

    Falling forward, due to being shot 3x then shot a 4th time. All in under a second.

    https://globalnews.ca/video/8362302/...at-close-range



    As the dude had a gun in his hand and admitted in court he only got shot after pointing it at rittenhouse...

    Rittenhouse is no hero but what he did was 100% self-defense.
    If you think shooting someone in the back on the ground or shooting someone in the back as they're running away makes for a transformative lot different argument, then I don't know what to say.

    And again, you're clearly agreeing that He had his hands up at the moment Rittenhouse pulled the trigger. Regardless of if someone was a threat, if they are surrendering you don't shoot them.

    Again, chaotic situation, fog of war, all of that. I'm not stomping my feet outraged by the verdict but it's not a "clean" case and incompetent prosecution did a lot of favors for the kid.

    Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

  7. The trolling is too much. Too heavy handed. Subtlety is the key.

  8. I'm not being heavy handed at all, I am saying reasonable people can disagree on this.

    Which also means you can't really convict the dude, because that's what reasonable doubt is. But he made a LOT of very fucking questionable decisions, decisions which led to people dying.

  9. Frog, you were just busted for making up a lie. Just stop it man.

    Seriously. You're not going to win this no matter how right you think you are. >_>
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  10. I didn't make up a lie, I misinterpreted a fact, that he was shot in the back. None of that changes that he was an an asshole playing vigilante who shot a bunch of people none of whom were likely actually trying to kill him.

    The problem is that the case boils down to "can you prove that he didn't reasonably believe his life was in danger" and that's a high burden.

    But just because we can't meet that burden doesn't make him "100% proven innocent" either. That's not how it works.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Nov 2021 at 12:40 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo