Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 73838586878889 LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 884

Thread: The Biden Presidency

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    That certainly is different than what I was reading online, and does shift my view on this at least a little from "there must be crazy evidence" to "there is probably crazy evidence"

    In the end it will be what they raided for that determines to me if this is unbelievably necessary or total bullshit. If they're investigating a crime, no one is above the law, and I would have supported this same thing for any prior president who thought he was above the law. If they're in the end shown to have done this just becuase they don't like the guy, and he didn't take anything any other president doesn't take, then yeah it'll be an abuse of power.
    The problem with all of this is:

    1. Every President in history has taken shit from the White House that they believe is theirs - documents, furniture, you name it. This isn't a unique thing - it literally happens with every departing President and there's usually years of bargaining following it
    2. This action is unprecedented. It's literally NEVER happened and it reeks of politics
    3. It's equally disturbing that a sitting President is authorizing/not impeding this when it's his (likely) primary political rival in 2024
    4. Weaponizing the FBI/DOJ to this level is simply really, REALLY bad for the country.

    I hope Trump doesn't run in 2024 (he will, his ego won't let him NOT run)
    I hope Biden doesn't run
    I hope Hillary doesn't run

    We need new, younger blood in Washington. We also need to figure out a way to get out of this quagmire of "Us vs. Them" and actually legislate for the benefit of the people.

  2. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ite-house-says

    If it's true that Biden didn't know about any of this until we did, does that change your view on it?

    Like I know Eric Trump is saying he did, but he has literally no more insight that you or I would. People on the far right make shit up, that is easily proven to be bullshit, all the time. Look at fucking Alex Jones for example. I'm more likely to believe the White House saying they didn't know about this than I am Eric Trump saying that must have.

    Also are we all forgetting this:

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/trum...hone-call.html

    Like Trump is the master of projection. Of course he thinks Biden would use his position to try and investigate a political rival, because its what Trump did.
    Last edited by Opaque; 11 Aug 2022 at 12:35 PM.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    1. Every President in history has taken shit from the White House that they believe is theirs - documents, furniture, you name it. This isn't a unique thing - it literally happens with every departing President and there's usually years of bargaining following it
    2. This action is unprecedented. It's literally NEVER happened and it reeks of politics
    I feel like we also need to address that the penalty for this before Trump was in office was 1 year. While in office, as a response to Hilary not being investigated, Trump signed a law that made the Penalty 5 years and a Felony.

    So his own law is why he's now being investigated FBI, why it's the first time this is happened, and so on. Had he not done this... yeah maybe it would have been the same legal back and forth previous Presidents had. Fuck around and find out.

    Law right here: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...115publ118.pdf

  4. The attorney general appointed by the president personally approved the warrant on a former president and no one thought to tell that current president?

    Okay...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ite-house-says

    If it's true that Biden didn't know about any of this until we did, does that change your view on it?
    No, because I don't believe it. And, if I did and I were Joe Biden, I'd ask for Garland's resignation immediately for not telling me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/trum...hone-call.html

    Like Trump is the master of projection. Of course he thinks Biden would use his position to try and investigate a political rival, because its what Trump did.
    And it's what Hillary did before Trump. What's your point? That doesn't change the fact that this is an unprecedented 3rd world bullshit move that further weakens the United States in the eyes of the world.

  6. You completely ignored the part that it's unprecedented because Trump signed a law that now makes it a felony if he did. Like this is how it went:

    2015 Trump: If you mishandle classified documents you should be in jail, lock her up!

    215 Trump Base: YEAH! LOCK HER UP!

    2019 Trump: We're gonna make a law that turns mishandling classified documents a felony, so if you take them you go to jail!

    2019 Trump Base: YEAH! DRAIN THE SWAMP!

    2021 Trump: I'm going to take classified documents after I leave the White House.

    2022 FBI: Ok, we have to investigate that now because it's a Felony after that law you signed.

    2022 Trump Base: THIS IS BULLSHIT
    Last edited by Opaque; 11 Aug 2022 at 08:38 PM.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    The attorney general appointed by the president personally approved the warrant on a former president and no one thought to tell that current president?

    Okay...
    I genuinely don't know FBI protocol.

    Do they usually loop in people outside the chain before doing search warrants? Like that's a real question. Seems to me like telling Biden would actually be a bad thing if your goal is to make this a surprise. Also seems like a no win for Biden if he knew in advance because now he has two shit decisions:

    1) Green light it which is obviously going to be viewed as political

    2) Shut it down, which would mean a sitting President intentional stopped a Federal Investigation into something which potentially could be as bad as treason.

  8. 3) Do nothing. Deny anything.

    Biden isn't green lighting anything. The AG is.

    No one in that AG office said "this will be a shit storm no matter what, better let our boss know or we could be fucked if it goes badly"?

    You wouldn't expect to know about it prior to execution if you were joe biden? Like, not even a heads up?

    This seems like kinda a big deal news wise.

  9. Sources are now saying it was Nuclear documents which are classified under an Act from 1954 and cannot be declassified by the executive branch.

  10. Looking for or found?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo