Page 60 of 90 FirstFirst ... 465658596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. We've now entered the stage of politics where following someone into a bathroom and harassing them is done.

https://youtu.be/yL4-qII8Pqs

Manchin and Sinema are getting the full news shit talking for not going along with the plan.

Good times.

2. LAWL
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    The one who is not following along here is you. The above, bolded, is where this conversation began. You keep trying to point out facts about Russia, Hillary, Trump, etc... and I've done nothing to refute any of this. All I'm saying is that the two year Russian collusion investigation is where the doubts in our election process REALLY started and I'm linking this directly to the 1/3 you're saying "no longer believe in elections". I think you're right, but I think it started far earlier than the last Presidential election. We done here?
    Why would investigating something that didn't really have anything to do with the election process undermine the election process? You aren't connecting those dots.

If you really want to stretch like that you could say Watergate undermined faith in elections because it pertained to someone doing something that gave them an unfair advantage, but it feels like a pretty different conversation from the "I want to inflict violence against the state because elections are no longer legitimate tallies of people's votes" attitudes that I'm talking about. You're seriously reaching/deflecting at this point.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Why would investigating something that didn't really have anything to do with the election process undermine the election process? You aren't connecting those dots.
    Holy crap, dude. Who said it "undermines the election process"? Not me. I said it created doubts in the minds of certain (Trump/Republican) voters about the process which was in direct response to YOUR assertion that 1/3 of the country doesn't trust elections. It's not about the actual process it's about doubts in the process. A good bit of the country thought it was complete horse shit and the Hillary was the real colluder - right or wrong. Of course that fosters doubts in certain factions of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If you really want to stretch like that you could say Watergate undermined faith in elections because it pertained to someone doing something that gave them an unfair advantage, but it feels like a pretty different conversation from the "I want to inflict violence against the state because elections are no longer legitimate tallies of people's votes" attitudes that I'm talking about. You're seriously reaching/deflecting at this point.
    You're bringing up shit from 50 years ago and I'm deflecting? 79% of Trump voters said the election wasn't run well in Pew research poll in November 2020 - which predates what you're talking about by months.

My OPINION is that doubts on the right/far right began with Trump/Russia and were magnified by Trump's idiocy after the 2020 election. Feel free to agree or disagree with that but, as usual, you're arguing about things that I'm not even talking about which is why conversations with you are next to impossible.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Holy crap, dude. Who said it "undermines the election process"? Not me. I said it created doubts in the minds of certain (Trump/Republican) voters about the process which was in direct response to YOUR assertion that 1/3 of the country doesn't trust elections. It's not about the actual process it's about doubts in the process. A good bit of the country thought it was complete horse shit and the Hillary was the real colluder - right or wrong. Of course that fosters doubts in certain factions of the country.
    Russiagate WAS mostly trumped up bullshit and of course it gave people doubts -- in the people investigating it. Not in elections.

You're bringing up shit from 50 years ago and I'm deflecting? 79% of Trump voters said the election wasn't run well in Pew research poll in November 2020 - which predates what you're talking about by months.
    November 2020 does not predate Trump's claims of election fraud. He started claiming fraud 6 months before, as soon as his internal polling showed he was likely to lose. It isn't something that began after the election, it was always the plan to contest the election when they lost. If anything, that poll shows the trremendous influence Trump has independent of any actual evidence -- if he says the election is corrupt, they believe it even before the election happens.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 05 Oct 2021 at 09:42 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Russiagate WAS mostly trumped up bullshit and of course it gave people doubts -- in the people investigating it. Not in elections.
    Your opinion. We'll agree to disagree.

November 2020 does not predate Trump's claims of election fraud. He started claiming fraud 6 months before, as soon as his internal polling showed he was likely to lose. It isn't something that began after the election, it was always the plan to contest the election when they lost. If anything, that poll shows the trremendous influence Trump has independent of any actual evidence -- if he says the election is corrupt, they believe it even before the election happens.
    There's no way to prove any of this, so, again, this is a matter of opinion. Did the above contribute to the lack of confidence in elections? Certainly. Did mail in balloting with ease contribute to it as well? Of course it did. Did states like PA circumventing their legislatures and changing elections laws contribute? Yes. Russia? Yes. All of it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    We've now entered the stage of politics where following someone into a bathroom and harassing them is done.

https://youtu.be/yL4-qII8Pqs

Manchin and Sinema are getting the full news shit talking for not going along with the plan.

Good times.
    Yeah I saw this. This is just fucking disgusting. If you've got issues with someone you shouldn't do it like this. I mean really, if this was a democrat being hounded by a republican, there would have been all sorts of women's rights/sexual assault people screaming from the rafters over this.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Your opinion. We'll agree to disagree.
    Again, I am just asking you to explain why you think these two things are connected. Just saying that you think they are isn't meaningful to anyone. The FBI overreaching on surveillance warrants and shoddy oppo research are not related to election integrity in any way that I can wrap my head around.

If you disagree, please connect those dots for me, okay?

There's no way to prove any of this, so, again, this is a matter of opinion. Did the above contribute to the lack of confidence in elections? Certainly. Did mail in balloting with ease contribute to it as well?
    This conveniently ignores the six month long disinformation campaign waged by a certain president on the subject. It wasn't simply the availability of mail in balloting itself.

Of course it did. Did states like PA circumventing their legislatures and changing elections laws contribute?
    Again, no, this was utterly uncontroversial and went completely unchallenged by the Replica controlled house until after the election. Literally no one raised any issue with the procedure by which election laws were set, they only pretended to after they lost.

Texas also set election rules through gubernatorial order in the exact same way, but no one gave a shit because Republicans won.

It's a fake argument. You're either being insincere or incredibly gullible but the fact is not one person you've ever met knew or cared about it until after Trump lost and threw a fit about it.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Again, I am just asking you to explain why you think these two things are connected. Just saying that you think they are isn't meaningful to anyone. The FBI overreaching on surveillance warrants and shoddy oppo research are not related to election integrity in any way that I can wrap my head around.

If you disagree, please connect those dots for me, okay?
    Are you asking me to prove an opinion? If you can't see why all that caused doubt in the process in far right voters then I really don't care to explain it further.

This conveniently ignores the six month long disinformation campaign waged by a certain president on the subject. It wasn't simply the availability of mail in balloting itself.
    It doesn't ignore anything. It just ADDS to list of things that cast doubt in the election process for certain voters.

TAgain, no, this was utterly uncontroversial and went completely unchallenged by the Replica controlled house until after the election. Literally no one raised any issue with the procedure by which election laws were set, they only pretended to after they lost.

Texas also set election rules through gubernatorial order in the exact same way, but no one gave a shit because Republicans won.

It's a fake argument. You're either being insincere or incredibly gullible but the fact is not one person you've ever met knew or cared about it until after Trump lost and threw a fit about it.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Again, you're litigating facts about things that I haven't taken a position on. I'm saying that those things, whether true or not, have cast doubts in the minds of certain voters despite not necessarily being true.

I don't care to discuss this further. We're talking past each other and it's getting tiresome so I'm out of this conversation.

10. I'm borderline thinking this thread should join the Trump thread by being nuked from orbit. It's turning into the same shit of where nobody cares to listen to each other's opinions. It's the main reason we lost so many people here because of politics. We've replaced Orange Man Bad with a child sniffing racist pedophile.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL