Page 63 of 90 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    National guards are deployed in hospitals to help out now. Whatever the solution, and there is one beyond these infrastructure bills, doing nothing about inflation and these supply issues isn't going to work.
    National Guard isn't going to fix this, there isn't just a single bottleneck and it isn't something you can just throw some extra hands at for a few weeks and fix.

Do you want a fake show solution or do you want an actual solution? You seem genuinely disinterested in the latter.

This has nothing to do with the bills the Democrats can't pass.
    It has everything to do with it. There is exactly one reason why our government has not been able to effectively pass legislation for 15 years, and he's staring at you in the mirror.

The reason obstructionism is effective policy for the opposition party is because they know mooks will blame the president 100% of the time. They know they'll never be held accountable and so they're actually incentivized to hurt the country.

And they're right. But it's actually your fault and everyone else who flunked 8th grade civics and just wants daddy to fix.

No on expects a wizard. They expect the leader to, i don't know, lead?
    You can't possibly be this naive. There is no compromise to be made. You can't negotiate with someone who has no demands. The era of reach across.the aisle bipartisanship is over, man. That's not a real thing.

As long as you to pretend the President is the only person in the government you're gonna get the same saboteurs doing the same shit. Hold them accountable or go back to sleep.

People have been singing this song our whole lives. It never changes and it never works.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Oct 2021 at 05:45 PM.

2. Man. Head so far up Biden's butt you smell girls hair.

Promise everything. Do nothing. Blame anyone else. DNC4lyfe yo.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Man. Head so far up Biden's butt you smell girls hair.

Promise everything. Do nothing. Blame anyone else. DNC4lyfe yo.
    What I am saying was true during Trump's administration and Obama's. I am trying to explain to you than not everything is about the president and you still respond "If you like Biden so much maybe you should marry him" like a four year old. Biden could be the worst president or the best president ever, it wouldn't change a single thing I am saying here.

This is seriously toddler think, dude. You don't even know what you want. "Make magic daddy fix."
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Oct 2021 at 05:52 PM.

4. Yes. I want the dude in charge of the country to try to solve an issue that he could actually address. I am such a sweet summer child.

Call them up. What can be done? How can I help? How do we get these ships into port and unloaded? Oh shit, that's what you need? Okay, I'm on it.

Delegate it. Hell, send Harris there to do something. Something more than she did at the border that is.

The do nothing at least I am not trump shit is getting old.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Yes. I want the dude in charge of the country to try to solve an issue that he could actually address.
    The president isn't in charge of the country, he's in charge of the executive branch of the government. That's a big job, but it isn't all encompassing.

You say that he could actually address it but the only solution you offered was one that doesn't really make a lot of sense and which you seem to have backed down on.

So instead you retreated to broad platitudes about "leadership". I explained to you that this is naive and impossible and ignores the conflicting incentives created by an electorate who, like yourself, see the government as a one man job.

Call them up. What can be done? How can I help? How do we get these ships into port and unloaded? Oh shit, that's what you need? Okay, I'm on it.

Delegate it. Hell, send Harris there to do something. Something more than she did at the border that is.
    Again, this isn't about needing some temps, it's the kind of thing that will take years to fix and a lot of money. It's about needing a more agile infrastructure, more automation, more ability to scale up and down.

Fixing this is literally not a thing he can physically do, and the people who can do it are disincentivized from doing it because they know idiot voters who don't understand how government works will reward them for wearing a different colored tie than Biden.

The do nothing at least I am not trump shit is getting old.
    I seriously think the best thing for this country would be to not have a president for a few years, so we start paying attention to the other guys.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Oct 2021 at 06:09 PM.

6. I appreciate the lengths you go through to excuse Democratic indifference and ineptitude.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I appreciate the lengths you go through to excuse Democratic indifference and ineptitude.
    Post after post you can't actually refute a single thing I said, and resort to "The Yankees suck. Go Mets." Over and over.

I am not the one playing partisan games, here, man. You want to have an adult conversation about policy, take the fucking hat off, okay?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Post after post you can't actually refute a single thing I said, and resort to "The Yankees suck. Go Mets." Over and over.

I am not the one playing partisan games, here, man. You want to have an adult conversation about policy, take the fucking hat off, okay?

6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

Dude, you're the most hyper-partisan posting person that's left on TNL. Do you seriously look in the mirror and think you're communicating/debating with non partisan viewpoints? This is hysterical.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Dude, you're the most hyper-partisan posting person that's left on TNL. Do you seriously look in the mirror and think you're communicating/debating with non partisan viewpoints? This is hysterical.
    And yet, miraculously, I manage to actually address policy and not just literally just respond with "Hoah and Trump Sitting in a Tree," which seems way beyond the capacity of either you or MVS, who crumble like a house of cards the second you hear a single follow up question.

The problem is not having an opinion but being unable or unwilling to defend it. I have a political belief system but I don't invest that in personalities or parties, and if you ask me why I believe something I can tell you. That seems to be beyond some people.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Oct 2021 at 04:24 PM.