Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm not going to pretend that Biden is the most popular president in history like a lot of people are claiming he is.
    Who the fuck says that?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Hopefully Trump stays out of the next election but I don't think his bruised ego will let him.
    Actually, someone I was talking to the other day made an interesting point...Trump's narcissism may actually prevent him from running in 2024 due to the fact that he probably couldn't handle the possibility of losing a second time. Instead of opening himself up for that, he may be all like "I'm not running again because it's all rigged against me anyway. I can better serve my people as a civilian." Or whatever.

Beats me if that's how he's actually thinking, but you never know.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Who the fuck says that?
    You'd be amazed bro. Honestly I'm just wondering how long this sillyness is gonna last.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The only thing about Biden which a lot of people seem to ignore is he's been seen as more openly racist then whatever Trump's said or done. Honestly both of them fucking suck but I'm not going to pretend that Biden is the most popular president in history like a lot of people are claiming he is.
    Have you ever stopped to think about why Biden's racism is only perceptible to white people? Especially white people with negative views of minorities and immigrants?

If Biden was so racist, then why doesn't Tucker Carlson like him more?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Sep 2021 at 04:54 PM.

5. Say what?

6. You know I was going to make an open honest reply to how wrong that statement was but I realized I'm going to say some shit to you I'd regret so just keep being you.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 27 Sep 2021 at 06:31 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. New talking point.

"The $3,500,000,000,000 reconciliation bill costs 0"

O.o

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    They're policy positions, but that doesn't mean they're undoing the democratic process. I would argue that passing overwhelmingly popular legislation is in fact a far more "democratic" outcome than trying to use partisan gamesmanship to shut down the government. Regardless of which side you fall on the infrastructure bill, it's has around 70% support from the people, and if you think the 30% should take precedence, you might not be getting the concept of democracy here. Same if you think Trump should get to use unchecked EOs, but the guy who won the 2020 election shouldn't.
    Which infrastructure bill? The first or the second? Furthermore, how is the 70% approval phrased? Ie... Do you want free college? Yes. The trouble with this, especially the 3.5 trillion dollar deal, is paying for it and you can take all the "fair share" shit that you want, but it's going to cost all of us a whole lot more through inflation, higher prices because of higher taxes, etc.... If the question were Do you want free college, however, everything will cost more and inflation will double" (and I realize this is grossly over simplified but it's to make a point) I'd guarantee that "approval" number would drop into the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    He literally tried to pressure officials into overturning the results of a democratic election. Do you understand he came closer to effectively ending our constitutional democracy than any foreign power in the 233 years since our constitution was ratified? "But what about [issue of the day]" is sort of petty by comparison.

If Trump had succeeded, we would have had our last real election. That precedent would have turned us into a Russian-style dictatorship with fake elections as a vestige of a democracy that once was. I don't think you're really processing how serious that is.
    I don't disagree with the above, but if we're really analyzing this to the extent that we need to then we should recognize that the Trump/Russian Collusion nonsense is where the seeds of doubt were planted regarding our election process. That's where all of this really started.

9. Trump certainly took that ball and ran with it like never before.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think about why Biden's racism is only perceptible to white people? Especially white people with negative views of minorities and immigrants?
    Racist comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If Biden was so racist, then why doesn't Tucker Carlson like him more?
    Dumb comment which has no bearing on anything. I'm not a Tucker Carlson watcher, but I'd assume because of the station he's on and the time slot he's in, he probably has a thousand reasons to not like Biden.