Page 49 of 90 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Do you mean Japan? South Vietnam was a cluster fuck.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. What exactly did biden do, beyond change the withdrawal date? Genuinely don't know.

3. He dabbed on Afghanis.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Do you mean Japan? South Vietnam was a cluster fuck.
    It was a cluster fuck, but they're free, aren't they? Would they have been without our intervention? Nope.

5. If you consider communism and seven years in a re-education camp free, sure. Shit, I know refugees who went back in the past ten years to try to live only to come back in less than a year. Vietnam is not Best Korea or Turkmenistan, but it’s pretty damn bad still.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of another country?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 Aug 2021 at 03:57 PM.

6. The Vietnamese here are still very anti-communist, anti-China. I started seeing these posters pop up in local restaurants the last year.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 Aug 2021 at 08:03 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    If you consider communism and seven years in a re-education camp free, sure. Shit, I know refugees who went back in the past ten years to try to live only to come back in less than a year. Vietnam is not Best Korea or Turkmenistan, but it’s pretty damn bad still.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of another country?
    Should've said Japan and South Korea. We obviously lost more than South Vietnam in that "managed" war. My bad.

8. We didn't occupy South Korea like we did Afghanistan and Iraq, right? And we left Japan rather quickly. Those things happened because we don't know what to do with a country when we stay there too long. There's never an endgame. Hell, I LIVE in a country that was invaded over 100 years ago, and the U.S. still doesn't know what to do with it.

9. The US has bases in Japan. They formed an alliance after WWII.

https://www.usfj.mil/About-USFJ/

10. Yes, but we're not occupying the country and directly controlling the government. We have bases everywhere, but we're not an occupying force like Iraq or Afghanistan.