Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Free up a bed by taking this place off of life support.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    The vaccine is free and you can get it at the grocery store. It's literally the least and easiest thing you could do to try and help in a worldwide pandemic, so are you just scared? Of vaccines that have been dosed billions of times already? Vaccines that "don't work", but will lay dormant in your body and do something years later?
    No, I just believe that it provides false security, much like the Flu shot. My wife got a flu shot one year and ended up getting the flu from the shot. Yet, she still asks me why I never get a flu shot. I don't know about the Covid shot, but the flu shot has part of the flu virus in it, to make you body build up immunity to the virus. It backfires if your immune system doesn't react properly to the shot. The same thing could happen with the Covid Shot, if it does indeed contain part of the virus.

I had Covid in the 1st week of July and didn't get my sense of smell back until near the middle of August. My immune system should have some built up resistance, that I previously did not have. Now, the new variant might be a bit more concern for me and I'll wait until they get a real shot for that.

I had to work at Lab Corp today. I just happened to look down and realized that I was just one bad step away from stepping on a cooler full of frozen Covid-19 samples.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58604655

US admits Kabul drone strike killed civilians

Quite the turn around from the initial message on this story.

4. Not even remotely surprised. Anything to distract from the evacuation failures/soldier deaths to make it look like we're "doing something" about it.

5. I would have smuggled out that box of COVID, stumbling, dropping it in the the middle of a Cowboys' game, yelling, "Run little ones, run! You're Free!"
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I would have smuggled out that box of COVID, stumbling, dropping it in the the middle of a Cowboys' game, yelling, "Run little ones, run! You're Free!"
    I was thinking more of the opening scene from Ace Ventura where he's kicking the shit out of that UPS package.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I would have smuggled out that box of COVID, stumbling, dropping it in the the middle of a Cowboys' game, yelling, "Run little ones, run! You're Free!"
    Cowboys have enough virus by themselves.

Also, what up with the texas bridge Haitians. How is that a thing?

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    No, I just believe that it provides false security, much like the Flu shot. My wife got a flu shot one year and ended up getting the flu from the shot. Yet, she still asks me why I never get a flu shot. I don't know about the Covid shot, but the flu shot has part of the flu virus in it, to make you body build up immunity to the virus. It backfires if your immune system doesn't react properly to the shot. The same thing could happen with the Covid Shot, if it does indeed contain part of the virus.

I had Covid in the 1st week of July and didn't get my sense of smell back until near the middle of August. My immune system should have some built up resistance, that I previously did not have. Now, the new variant might be a bit more concern for me and I'll wait until they get a real shot for that.

I had to work at Lab Corp today. I just happened to look down and realized that I was just one bad step away from stepping on a cooler full of frozen Covid-19 samples.

Your wife did not get the flu from the shot. Literally zero probability.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 20 Sep 2021 at 09:25 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Yup, that's a myth that seemingly has the same half life as uranium-235.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/misconceptions.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    There are several reasons why someone might get flu symptoms, even after they have been vaccinated against flu.

-One reason is that some people can become ill from other respiratory viruses besides flu such as rhinoviruses, which are associated with the common cold. These viruses can cause symptoms similar to flu, and also spread and cause illness during flu season. Flu vaccines only protect against flu and its complications, not other illnesses.

-Another explanation is that it is possible to be exposed to flu viruses, shortly before getting vaccinated or during the two-week period after vaccination that it takes the body to develop immune protection. This exposure may result in a person becoming sick with flu before protection from vaccination takes effect.

-A third reason why some people may experience flu symptoms despite getting vaccinated is that they may have been exposed to a flu virus that is very different from the vaccine viruses. The ability of a flu vaccine to protect a person depends largely on the similarity or “match” between the vaccine viruses chosen to make vaccine and those spreading and causing illness. There are many different flu viruses that spread and cause illness among people. For more information, see Influenza (Flu) Viruses.

-The final explanation for experiencing flu symptoms after vaccination is that flu vaccines vary in how well they work and some people who get vaccinated still get sick with flu. When that happens, though, vaccination has been shown in several studies to reduce severity of illness in those people who get vaccinated but still get sick.
    Sure!