Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 72828485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. I really wonder if there's going to one day be a tipping point where EV usage plummets demand for fossil fuels and gas is like $2 a gallon again as it phases out.

Obviously not any time soon, but like in 20+ years?

2. Plastic needs oil to be produced. Also, there are still over 3,500 fossil fuel power plants in the United States alone. EV isn't being charged on free energy.

https://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/power...ng-communities

3. So yeah. FBI raided Trump's home in Florida under Biden's orders.

This is literally a line that's never been crossed. People are beyond pissed at this.

Anyone taking any pleasure out of this I'm sorry to say but you're a fucking moron.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. A Trump appointed FBI head thought it was worth bringing this to a Trump appointed Federal Judge to sign a no knock warrant and that Trump appointed Judge saw such convincing evidence that he allowed the first ever raid of a President's home.

No one should take pleasure at this, but no matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this clearly isn't fully political and at the very least there is significant evidence that something very bad happened.

5. Fbi hoping there is some dirt there.

No dirt and this is going to be real, real bad.

Trump either comes back from this aces or he never does. No middle ground anymore.

6. Sad honestly.

Kinda curious what some of the resident TNL guys here have to say about this hugely gross abuse of power. I mean let's be real. Trump had a right to whatever he had at the time since he was a President who could legally de-classify any documents he wanted to. Hillary had access to classified information but she wasn't the president either and yet the FBI did nothing in concern to her emails.

Hunter Biden literally got treated with the kid gloves concerning the shit he got away and yet nobody in the FBI went after him either.

What's going to happen from here on out is shit is going to get real, real fucking ugly. Whoever green-lit this is going to have some serious hell to pay if they can't tie any form of legit crime to this.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 10 Aug 2022 at 08:07 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    A Trump appointed FBI head thought it was worth bringing this to a Trump appointed Federal Judge to sign a no knock warrant and that Trump appointed Judge saw such convincing evidence that he allowed the first ever raid of a President's home.

No one should take pleasure at this, but no matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this clearly isn't fully political and at the very least there is significant evidence that something very bad happened.
    "Although Reinhart was sworn in as United States Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Florida on March 14, 2018, while Trump was president, Trump would have had no oversight of his appointment."

Check your facts, please.

Not only was he not appointed by Trump, he made several contributions to Obama's campaign.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Sad honestly.

Kinda curious what some of the resident TNL guys here have to say about this hugely gross abuse of power. I mean let's be real. Trump had a right to whatever he had at the time since he was a President who could legally de-classify any documents he wanted to. Hillary had access to classified information but she wasn't the president either and yet the FBI did nothing in concern to her emails.

Hunter Biden literally got treated with the kid gloves concerning the shit he got away and yet nobody in the FBI went after him either.

What's going to happen from here on out is shit is going to get real, real fucking ugly. Whoever green-lit this is going to have some serious hell to pay if they can't tie any form of legit crime to this.
    It's the same as was true for his Presidency and I'm no Trump fan - he has been treated differently than any predecessor before him or since. Is a lot of that deserved? Possibly and probably.

The truth is that Obama and other Presidents have all taken stuff they weren't supposed to and legally wrangled over it for years. This really isn't a good look and, if it's over classified documents in a former President's home, then every President in history should've had his house raided.

9. Dude when Bill Clinton left office he literally took half of the fucking White House with him.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    "Although Reinhart was sworn in as United States Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Florida on March 14, 2018, while Trump was president, Trump would have had no oversight of his appointment."

Check your facts, please.

Not only was he not appointed by Trump, he made several contributions to Obama's campaign.
    That certainly is different than what I was reading online, and does shift my view on this at least a little from "there must be crazy evidence" to "there is probably crazy evidence"

In the end it will be what they raided for that determines to me if this is unbelievably necessary or total bullshit. If they're investigating a crime, no one is above the law, and I would have supported this same thing for any prior president who thought he was above the law. If they're in the end shown to have done this just becuase they don't like the guy, and he didn't take anything any other president doesn't take, then yeah it'll be an abuse of power.

That being said, Trump is the biggest hypocrite and liar I've seen fucking ever, he's basically bragged about crimes on live TV, I'm surprised anyone here isn't like "yeah he must have done some bad shit" when they heard this.