Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 425254555657586070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I had Covid in the 1st week of July and didn't get my sense of smell back until near the middle of August. My immune system should have some built up resistance, that I previously did not have. Now, the new variant might be a bit more concern for me and I'll wait until they get a real shot for that.
    We're all combative, but I'm glad you recovered okay.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Thanks!

It was pretty exhausting for the 1st 10 days. My doctor had told me that I would be okay to return to work the following Thursday, which was the 11th day. He had no idea how worn out I was from fighting it. It was more like 2 full weeks to get over it.
    Last edited by gamevet; 26 Sep 2021 at 08:01 PM.

3. Big week for infrastructure bills coming up.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Surely you can understand "Trying to undo the entire democratic process" as a substantial negative policy position.
    Oh, and court packing, trying to pass the biggest "infrastructure" package in history through reconciliation without a single Republican vote, on pace to have the highest Executive Order count in the history of the Presidency, etc... isn't a "negative policy position" that's undoing democracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The corrosive effect of Trump on our entire political system is difficult to undertstate. If you knew Trump would lead to a country where ~1/3 no longer believe in elections, and you still wouldn't have voted for almost anyone else, then I don't really know how to have a conversation about "policy" with you.
    Changing election laws prior to an election can lead to doubt and Trump certainly magnified that doubt without evidence of it. Not sure what that has to do with Biden's policies, or a conversation about that, but I think you're right that we're better off not having it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    That being said, I'm not entirely certain that Biden isn't worse than Trump. I mean, the daily TV drama is quite whittled down but the policies and decisions might just be worse. Sad thing is that a choice between these two idiots was our reality. I hope our next election provides better, much better, candidates.
    TOTALLY not saying that Biden is a better president than Trump, in any way whatsoever. It's an embarrassment that he's the very best that the Democrats could muster in 2020. But for all the "Biden is more popular than Trump??? No, it's election fraud!!!" types, NO...he's NOT more popular. It's not that all these people voted for Biden. It's that all these people voted AGAINST Trump. The Dems cold have run a piece of dried-up dogshit in the street against the Orange Goblin and they would have voted for it.

At this point, if you believe that the election was "stolen" from Trump - regardless of how much Biden sucks - you're a fucking douchebag idiot that's beyond retarded and you don't deserve to be acknowledged in any way whatsoever. Seriously, you're in the same camp as kooks Mike Lindell and Sidney Powell and should be pissed upon in the street.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Surely you can understand "Trying to undo the entire democratic process" as a substantial negative policy position.

The corrosive effect of Trump on our entire political system is difficult to undertstate. If you knew Trump would lead to a country where ~1/3 no longer believe in elections, and you still wouldn't have voted for almost anyone else, then I don't really know how to have a conversation about "policy" with you.
    I guarantee that even after the Arizona GOP stacked the deck and hired Trump supporters to carry out their "audit" and they STILL had no choice whatsoever but to find the election in their shithole in favor of Biden, the brain-dead MAGA folk will still believe that the election was "stolen" from the failed real estate tycoon. At this point, fuck anyone who supports Trump and anything he represents. You're un-American and deserve to be shit upon. Fuck you.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I had Covid in the 1st week of July and didn't get my sense of smell back until near the middle of August. My immune system should have some built up resistance, that I previously did not have. Now, the new variant might be a bit more concern for me and I'll wait until they get a real shot for that.
    Even though we haven't had a ton of personal one-on-one interactions here, I do like you, I can understand vaccine hesitancy, and I'm glad you have recovered from COVID well enough. It would be a bummer having lost my sense of smell and ESPECIALLY my sense of taste.

I've had two people close to me get COVID...my cousin, and my best friend. Both were laid-up for several weeks with what they described as the worst flu they've ever had, and both suffer adverse physical residual effects to this day, even after recovering. My cousin has noticeably reduced endurance, and my friend has tinnitus (which he had before, but it's worse now) and he has trouble getting it up (which he says he's NEVER had a problem with before). Freaky.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    TOTALLY not saying that Biden is a better president than Trump, in any way whatsoever. It's an embarrassment that he's the very best that the Democrats could muster in 2020. But for all the "Biden is more popular than Trump??? No, it's election fraud!!!" types, NO...he's NOT more popular. It's not that all these people voted for Biden. It's that all these people voted AGAINST Trump. The Dems cold have run a piece of dried-up dogshit in the street against the Orange Goblin and they would have voted for it.

At this point, if you believe that the election was "stolen" from Trump - regardless of how much Biden sucks - you're a fucking douchebag idiot that's beyond retarded and you don't deserve to be acknowledged in any way whatsoever. Seriously, you're in the same camp as kooks Mike Lindell and Sidney Powell and should be pissed upon in the street.
    I've said all along that that is precisely why he lost. It wasn't the votes for Biden, it was the people who were voting against Trump (no matter who the opponent was) that won the election for the Democrats this cycle.

Hopefully Trump stays out of the next election but I don't think his bruised ego will let him.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Oh, and court packing, trying to pass the biggest "infrastructure" package in history through reconciliation without a single Republican vote, on pace to have the highest Executive Order count in the history of the Presidency, etc... isn't a "negative policy position" that's undoing democracy?
    They're policy positions, but that doesn't mean they're undoing the democratic process. I would argue that passing overwhelmingly popular legislation is in fact a far more "democratic" outcome than trying to use partisan gamesmanship to shut down the government. Regardless of which side you fall on the infrastructure bill, it's has around 70% support from the people, and if you think the 30% should take precedence, you might not be getting the concept of democracy here. Same if you think Trump should get to use unchecked EOs, but the guy who won the 2020 election shouldn't.

Changing election laws prior to an election can lead to doubt and Trump certainly magnified that doubt without evidence of it.
    He literally tried to pressure officials into overturning the results of a democratic election. Do you understand he came closer to effectively ending our constitutional democracy than any foreign power in the 233 years since our constitution was ratified? "But what about [issue of the day]" is sort of petty by comparison.

If Trump had succeeded, we would have had our last real election. That precedent would have turned us into a Russian-style dictatorship with fake elections as a vestige of a democracy that once was. I don't think you're really processing how serious that is.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Sep 2021 at 09:34 AM.

10. Some of the pro trump conspiratards are really close to the anti trump conspiratards.

Last real election. Listen to yourself.

You sound just like the reres who yelled about obamas 3rd term.

In actual news, what are the chances the debt limit ceiling is attached to this infrastructure crap? They aren't likely to be passed any other way.