Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Shit show just keeps rolling.

2. Whoever is next can't possibly be worse than the last two idiots that we've had.

3. The last two idiots will probably be in the next election, barring Biden not dropping dead during his 1st term.

4. I know we have a minimum age of 35 to be president but I think that we should also have a maximum age.

No person should be in politics beyond the retirement age. Dianne Fienstien, I am looking at you. Retire. Take Biden and mcconel with you. Argue in your millionaires retirement home.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I know we have a minimum age of 35 to be president but I think that we should also have a maximum age.

No person should be in politics beyond the retirement age. Dianne Fienstien, I am looking at you. Retire. Take Biden and mcconel with you. Argue in your millionaires retirement home.
    What makes it sad matt is people are still trying to pin this current mess on trump.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    What makes it sad matt is people are still trying to pin this current mess on trump.
    You say blame Trump, but why not credit him, instead? I mean yes this whole thing was his plan, and probably would have gone down the same exact way if he was in office -- hell he wanted to do it in December -- but this is one of those cases where he was actually right for once.

Everything about this clusterfuck -- from the shitty intel that suggested the Afghan government would hold for a bit, to the speed and relative bloodlessness with which it fell, reinforces that leaving was the exact correct thing to do, that we accomplished nothing there, that the whole fucking thing was a facrce. I don't blame Biden or Trump for this because I think the fallout has proven it to be the absolute right thing to do.

Sure the neoliberals and neocons who like their forever wars are going scream and yell about how it's the end of the world, but since when do you take your cues from them?

7. I don't know about the speculation that Trump would've gone about this the same way. We drew down from 15,000 troops to, what, 2,500 over the course of 13 months and not a thing happened. Besides, Biden could've done whatever he wanted with this dumpster fire "treaty" with the Taliban. I mean, who the hell would be upset exactly (besides the Taliban) if we modified terms of the treaty? Nobody.

I am, however, of the opinion that we should've kept the air base there just for it's proximity to China, Pakistan, Russia, etc... and as a base of operations should anything occur in the region. I think it's pretty ludicrous to spend 10 billion on that thing and just abandon it. Afghanistan is a fucking hell hole but it's a hell hole with the lion's share of rare earth materials.

And, honestly, I'm with you Frog on that if the people there just laid down and let the vastly outnumbered and, supposedly, hated Taliban takeover then they don't deserve much different. We've spent enough money and resources on that place. Time to put up or shut up.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You say blame Trump, but why not credit him, instead?
    That's just a cop out excuse. This shit is Biden's bag. You can't blame someone who hasn't been in office for close to 9 months. Those 13 dead marines are on Biden's hands.

And like Hoah said I'll agree with you that 2nd point. These people should be able to fight back somewhat. We've bled enough for that country.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 27 Aug 2021 at 07:20 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That's just a cop out excuse. This shit is Biden's bag. You can't blame someone who hasn't been in office for close to 9 months. Those 13 dead marines are on Biden's hands.

And like Hoah said I'll agree with you that 2nd point. These people should be able to fight back somewhat. We've bled enough for that country.
    Sure, he takes the blame for those but also the credit for the thousands we would have lost staying in this stupid, pointless war with nothing to show for it.

Biden made the decisions he did almost certainly because he was given bad Intel and bad advice from the same generals that have been lying to us for 20 years. They're the real villains here and I really don't want to hear them crying any more than I want to hear the people that backed these stupid wars in the first place.

Sure, we should have expected this. They should have been honest about how fast it would collapse. But they're fucking liars. And I'm glad we're done with the liars war.

10. Russia bailed on Afghanistan, long before we tried to do something about it. There's nothing you can do for a country full of 3rd world poverty level of citizens, basing their ideals around religious nonsense. Religion will always govern over these people, until they finally decide to educate themselves (question what they are told, which I did at a really early age) and realize that they are fighting an endless battle, based around fucking nonsensical propaganda, that those in power use to control them.
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Aug 2021 at 10:33 PM.