Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575969 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Right, but she still didn't get the flu FROM the vaccine.

2. I needed a good laugh this morning: Arizona Republican ‘audit’ finds even bigger lead for Biden in 2020 election.

So even when they stack the deck and hire a firm to conduct the audit that is owned by a guy that tweets out support for Trump's "stolen election" bullshit, they still found that Biden won. By even more votes.

Oh, and awesome news, Drew's back.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I needed a good laugh this morning: Arizona Republican ‘audit’ finds even bigger lead for Biden in 2020 election.

So even when they stack the deck and hire a firm to conduct the audit that is owned by a guy that tweets out support for Trump's "stolen election" bullshit, they still found that Biden won. By even more votes.

Oh, and awesome news, Drew's back.
    That being said, I'm not entirely certain that Biden isn't worse than Trump. I mean, the daily TV drama is quite whittled down but the policies and decisions might just be worse. Sad thing is that a choice between these two idiots was our reality. I hope our next election provides better, much better, candidates.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    No, I just believe that it provides false security, much like the Flu shot. My wife got a flu shot one year and ended up getting the flu from the shot. Yet, she still asks me why I never get a flu shot. I don't know about the Covid shot, but the flu shot has part of the flu virus in it, to make you body build up immunity to the virus. It backfires if your immune system doesn't react properly to the shot. The same thing could happen with the Covid Shot, if it does indeed contain part of the virus.

I had Covid in the 1st week of July and didn't get my sense of smell back until near the middle of August. My immune system should have some built up resistance, that I previously did not have. Now, the new variant might be a bit more concern for me and I'll wait until they get a real shot for that.

I had to work at Lab Corp today. I just happened to look down and realized that I was just one bad step away from stepping on a cooler full of frozen Covid-19 samples.
    This post is like watching a caveman try to justify why a Megaloceros got away because of a comet.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    This post is like watching a caveman try to justify why a Megaloceros got away because of a comet.
    My wife got a flu shot and became ill with it within 24 hours. She was out of commission for the rest of the week. She had talked to her doctor, and he talked to her about the 2 variants of the shot. One has the active virus, while other version has the dormant virus. Nothing is 100% guaranteed.

Excuse me, I need to head back to my cave.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-y...lu-shot-770487

Quote Originally Posted by verywellhealth
    The nasal spray flu vaccine is made with a live but weakened influenza virus (called a live attenuated virus). While it contains a live virus, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ensures that it is safe.2 However, there are age and health restrictions as to who should receive it because safety and effectiveness have not been established for those groups. These include children under age 2, adults 50 and older, those who are pregnant, and people with weakened immune systems.3

Last edited by gamevet; 25 Sep 2021 at 01:42 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    My wife got a flu shot and became ill with it within 24 hours. She was out of commission for the rest of the week. She had talked to her doctor, and he talked to her about the 2 variants of the shot. One has the active virus, while other version has the dormant virus. Nothing is 100% guaranteed.

Excuse me, I need to head back to my cave.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-y...lu-shot-770487

Think of “what happens after you have a virus” as two categories, your immune response to the virus, the primary symptom being fever etc, and the effects of the virus literally bursting out of or inhibiting your cells in a specific area. With a live attenuated virus, which means they basically “unhumaned” it and made it ratish or cowish, you may get more of the immune response symptoms than with an mRNA or vector vaccine; but it’s not the same as“getting the flu”.

You misread the CDC thing you bolded, they were saying that’s it’s still possible to get flu symptoms from getting the flu, not the vaccine.

But anyway, the coronavirus vaccines are either MRNA, so they basically stuff instructions of a spike protein through your ribosomes, or a chimpanzee adenovirus vector; none are attenuated, because we haven’t had the time to selectively evolve a rat or cow or turkey or megaloceros coronavirus that doesn’t fit a human ACE2 receptor.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    Think of “what happens after you have a virus” as two categories, your immune response to the virus, the primary symptom being fever etc, and the effects of the virus literally bursting out of or inhibiting your cells in a specific area. With a live attenuated virus, which means they basically “unhumaned” it and made it ratish or cowish, you may get more of the immune response symptoms than with an mRNA or vector vaccine; but it’s not the same as“getting the flu”.

You misread the CDC thing you bolded, they were saying that’s it’s still possible to get flu symptoms from getting the flu, not the vaccine.

But anyway, the coronavirus vaccines are either MRNA, so they basically stuff instructions of a spike protein through your ribosomes, or a chimpanzee adenovirus vector; none are attenuated, because we haven’t had the time to selectively evolve a rat or cow or turkey or megaloceros coronavirus that doesn’t fit a human ACE2 receptor.
    Yes, but the second one I posted had them saying that they don't know if it's safe, or not, for certain groups including those with a compromised immune system.

The medical community was gathering antibodies from those who have had CV-19, in order to come up with shot to battle it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I don't know about the Covid shot, but the flu shot has part of the flu virus in it
    You should maybe read a sentence or two about the Covid shot then, huh? None of the Covid shots have Covid. They're all either mRNA (which contains no virus at all), protein subunit (again, no virus), or viral vector (which contains a genetically modified adenovirus that produces protein structures that match Covid, but which again can't actually give you Covid).

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    That being said, I'm not entirely certain that Biden isn't worse than Trump. I mean, the daily TV drama is quite whittled down but the policies and decisions might just be worse. Sad thing is that a choice between these two idiots was our reality. I hope our next election provides better, much better, candidates.
    Surely you can understand "Trying to undo the entire democratic process" as a substantial negative policy position.

The corrosive effect of Trump on our entire political system is difficult to undertstate. If you knew Trump would lead to a country where ~1/3 no longer believe in elections, and you still wouldn't have voted for almost anyone else, then I don't really know how to have a conversation about "policy" with you.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You should maybe read a sentence or two about the Covid shot then, huh? None of the Covid shots have Covid. They're all either mRNA (which contains no virus at all), protein subunit (again, no virus), or viral vector (which contains a genetically modified adenovirus that produces protein structures that match Covid, but which again can't actually give you Covid).