Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 435355565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Some of the pro trump conspiratards are really close to the anti trump conspiratards.

Last real election. Listen to yourself.

You sound just like the reres who yelled about obamas 3rd term.

In actual news, what are the chances the debt limit ceiling is attached to this infrastructure crap? They aren't likely to be passed any other way.
    It's not a conspiracy, dude, he literally tried to pressure every public official he could get a hold of to overturn the election so he could hold onto power. Had he been successful, elections would cease the be meaningful things and instead would be controlled by partisan players behind the scenes the way we see on former Soviet dictatorships.

This isn't hyperbole, it's a matter of public record. He tried to end democracy. That fucking happened, dude, don't try to gaslight me like it's no big deal.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

2. Uh-huh. Legit insurrection. Almost became god emperor of the known universe. Got it.

Meanwhile, Biden races towards bottoming out, Democrats are failing because they can't seem to control their own party and crying over votes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Uh-huh. Legit insurrection. Almost became god emperor of the known universe. Got it.

Meanwhile, Biden races towards bottoming out, Democrats are failing because they can't seem to control their own party and crying over votes.
    Fuck the insurrection, dude, even just the fact that he tried to pressure Pence into overturning the result even without a violent mob calling for his head is an unprecedented betrayal of democracy in American history. To say nothing of the calls to Barr, Reffensperger, Jeffrey Rosen, state election boards and everyone else he could get a hold of to do the same thing.

He wanted to overturn the vote and hold power. That's what dictators do. You can't handwave that a way because he failed, or because you're grompy over Biden trying to give people free pre-K and for a messy end to a fucked up war. That's crazy talk. What he did was a direct attack on every institution we trust with ensuring our free elections.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Sep 2021 at 01:13 PM.

4. Allegedly tried. Certainly failed. Where did the bad orange man touch you so hard? Do you see him plundering your bill of rights butthole violently each night? Do Russian hackers hold it down?

FFS. Dude is gone. Moveon.org

Let it go and do something positive.

2 years college or trade school should be free for all and child care should made affordable by the government. That's not my beef with biden

Nor is it the general publics, apparently.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Allegedly tried. Certainly failed.
    Not allegedly, fucker, there are recorded phone calls, memos, and sworn testimony to all of this as well as some public confessions.

The shit happened, you know it happened. Don't act wormy just because it's inconvenient to your point.

As for his failure, if someone attempted to assassinate a president and missed, would you say we should let it go just because the bullet didn't find it's target? Or would we lock that person up for the rest of their natural life?

I don't honestly see how Trump's attempt to assassinate our democratic institutions is really any better. It's a redline plain and simple.

Biden's approval cratering is largely over the pro-war propoganda blasting on every news source for the last two months and I just don't give a fuck, Biden did the right thing to pull our troops out and any expectation that that could be done with zero issues is naive. The shit wasn't Saigon, we had a handful of casualties and not even from the Taliban.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Sep 2021 at 01:33 PM.

6. I want you to listen to yourself go and then reread this tripe in a year when nothing comes of this.

Or better yet, continue to master "Yeah, but drumph did X!", seems like that's all democrats are good at these days.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I want you to listen to yourself go and then reread this tripe in a year when nothing comes of this.

Or better yet, continue to master "Yeah, but drumph did X!", seems like that's all democrats are good at these days.
    It's not about anything coming of anything, I don't even know what you could possibly mean by that. It's about you not accepting the reality of what just happened, dude.

A year from now no one will give a fuck about Afghanistan, is that still going to be the basis of your worldview?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Sep 2021 at 02:26 PM.

8. It says a lot when Trump's biggest defense was that he was horribly ineffective at accomplishing his goals. I understand that executive dysfunction was kind of his Hallmark and that he ran a revolving door administration where everyone thought he was a clown, and that that probably mitigated the damage that would have been done by a more competent equivalent, but is that the best you can say for your guy?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

9. Hey, friend, he isn't my guy, buddy.

The best thing to be said about Trump is he is gone. It's a lot like the olympics. Some bullshit then forgotten for 4 years.

I was hoping he would accelerate the decline and then a revolution would happen and things would change for the better (with term limits, repeal of citizens united, SOCTUS term limits, taxes on the rich, etc.), but another time, I guess, because the democrats aren't going to do any of that shit.

Biden isn't the worst. He's an old boomer with dementia, who smiles and lies and does very little. Comes from a bygone era that people just can't let go of.

Stand for nothing. Blame everyone.

Pretty sure he could have taken 5k troops from Japan or Korea and got them into Kabul before it fell. Much easier to do nothing and blame others, I guess.

At least the important business of giving Israel $1,000,000,000 for rockets is sorted, tears be damned.

10. The only thing about Biden which a lot of people seem to ignore is he's been seen as more openly racist then whatever Trump's said or done. Honestly both of them fucking suck but I'm not going to pretend that Biden is the most popular president in history like a lot of people are claiming he is.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL