Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747686 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Fine.

I would address the nation and say that inflation is a problem, I am on it and I've got experts and the DNC is on the case. It is our priority. We will have a concrete plan soon.

In the meantime, I announce that student loan payments will not restart in January. Further, 25k in student loan debt wiped out. Today.

I would instantly legalize weed and use those funds, a year from now, to do something important, like medicare for all or something tangible.

Dude said he can solve shit, it's his job, not mine.

Now critique me more than the dude hired to solve the problems.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Fine.

I would address the nation and say that inflation is a problem, I am on it and I've got experts and the DNC is on the case. It is our priority. We will have a concrete plan soon.
    It isn't really an inflation issue, it's a supply crisis of certain specific goods used in how they calculate the cost of living.

Gas prices or meat prices, or rent prices increasing aren't just reflective of inflation, nor do they have a common solution. Like I said a lot of what we're seeing is the end result of decades of bad policy, some of which falls on the executive to fix through regulatory agency, but much of which needs the involvement of Congress as well.

In the meantime, I announce that student loan payments will not restart in January. Further, 25k in student loan debt wiped out. Today.
    Off topic but 100% valid. Biden promised to do it and hasn't and that's on him.

I would instantly legalize weed and use those funds, a year from now, to do something important, like medicare for all or something tangible.
    Again this is on Congress, and Congress can't do shit until we can get 50+ people in there who care more about their constituents than their donors.

Dude said he can solve shit, it's his job, not mine.
    It's your job to hold the downballot to account and elect people who will get shit done and not just try to obstruct the president.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BonusKun; 10 Nov 2021 at 01:13 PM.

3. Fixed your typo frog. lol

Also I think MVS has a good point. Joe's in charge so he should idk maybe be in charge.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Fixed your typo frog. lol

Also I think MVS has a good point. Joe's in charge so he should idk maybe be in charge.
    Do you actually want Joe Biden to actually have/exercise that kind of sweeping executive authority?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Do you actually want Joe Biden to actually have/exercise that kind of sweeping executive authority?
    Why not? I mean the shitstorm he's already done so far can't any worse.

Can it?

I mean this might sound bad but I kinda want to see how bad shit can really get before it gets better.

6. I other news, a new report claims most of the Afghan military were fictional or not present so corrupt officials could pocket their salary.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...nister-2021-11

So glad we're out of this complete scam of a war.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I other news, a new report claims most of the Afghan military were fictional or not present so corrupt officials could pocket their salary.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...nister-2021-11

So glad we're out of this complete scam of a war.

For now I suppose. Besides the whole focus seems to be on the Rittenhouse Trial. I'm pretty sure after this, Kyle is gonna be declared not guilty now that all this major evidence including the main witness admitting he chased after Kyle and drew his weapon 1st while advancing that caused Kyle to shoot at him. The lawyer who faced palmed after what he said should have honestly sealed the deal for Kyle's freedom.

8. There's two ways to look at the whole Rittenhouse thing. Should he have been there, playing vigilante? No. Should he have had that rifle, considering he was underage? No. Was he even asked by the owners of the car lot that he was "protecting" to do so? No. He deserves to be convicted of something, at the very least gun charges.

But pretty much all accounts - and video evidence - points to most, if not all of his shootings to be completely in self-defense. As BonusKun said, the one survivor who had his bicep blown off by Rittenhouse admitted on the stand that he wasn't shot until he advanced on Rittenhouse with his gun pointed at him. Any reasonable person would/should have shot him in that instance.

I'm thinking that he gets off on the murder charges, but is nailed for some lesser shit. He'll basically become George Zimmerman 2.0.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. 100% agreed dole. He's going to have to answer for the other charges. Right now the media is trying to smear the judge because well he's not letting people walk all over the constitution like one of those prosecutors tried to do. It's a fucking joke that it even went this far.

10. Yeah Rittenhouse isn't going to get convicted. I think he's a garbage person and responsible for those deaths, but we don't really have laws for the kind of shit he did.