Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 219

Thread: TNL

  1. I haven't been paying attention but has Drew been like flaunting massive wealth or just does it come across that he lives comfortably?


  2. I haven't seen it. I do recall that there was a member that inherited quite a bit of wealth from a dead grandparent and was constantly flaunting his pickups every week in the haul threads. People pretty much ran the dude off, because he bragged about it too much.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    No, I meant what I said. Drew is an insufferable douche.
    I'll be fair in saying I've never really felt anything bad about Drew. He just to me came off as a guy who has his own opinions so I wasn't going to judge him on that merit. If he actually is bragging about his wealth then yeah that's just silly. Nobody here cares how rich or poor someone is on these forums.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I haven't seen it. I do recall that there was a member that inherited quite a bit of wealth from a dead grandparent and was constantly flaunting his pickups every week in the haul threads. People pretty much ran the dude off, because he bragged about it too much.
    That would be morphix, him and his brother got money when their mom died. He bought every game that came out every week regardless of if he would play it or not.

    On the one hand, if you like games and you lost your mom and you're trying to cope, I get it. On the other hand, he added nothing to discussion other than "I bought everything that released today, gonna put it on the a shelf now".


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    That would be morphix, him and his brother got money when their mom died. He bought every game that came out every week regardless of if he would play it or not.

    On the one hand, if you like games and you lost your mom and you're trying to cope, I get it. On the other hand, he added nothing to discussion other than "I bought everything that released today, gonna put it on the a shelf now".
    I remember him posting a picture of a big roll of cash, alongside the newest phone sitting on a desk. That was going overboard.


    Here's his last post, and it was in the haul thread. Rumpy edited out whatever it was that he had posted.

    https://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/th...post1064213046
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Apr 2021 at 08:18 PM.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I haven't been paying attention but has Drew been like flaunting massive wealth or just does it come across that he lives comfortably?
    Over the years he's gone from the esteemed creator of Robobo to the purported centerpiece of the Canadian tech industry by claiming to get many amazingly-high paying jobs, starting uber-successful companies and selling them for massive profits, moving to affluent places in different cities, getting gifted free iPads seemingly every other day, and becoming god's gift to women with his countless supermodel-level conquests. But nobody here bought it and it just became kinda pathetic after a while.

    It's a shame, before he became Steve Jobs Jr. I recall having some fun interactions with him. Our X-Men movie fanfic was hilarious.

    Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

  7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I remember him posting a picture of a big roll of cash, alongside the newest phone sitting on a desk. That was going overboard.


    Here's his last post, and it was in the haul thread. Rumpy edited out whatever it was that he had posted.

    https://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/th...post1064213046
    Reading old posts is pretty fun! Zune pickups lol.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    It's time to heal, Haoh.... Also, the Rangers suck lol !
    Hey! Don't be mean!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Reading old posts is pretty fun! Zune pickups lol.
    My Zune HD still works and I still love it.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What a sad ass forum this has become. Hey Nick, pull the plug.
    Late reply, but go fuck yourself. I guess you're making enough money from working part-time as a scrub security guard or whatever the fuck that you don't need to beg for money from TNL anymore like you did for your shitty Corey vs. Corey album (that I wasn't stupid enough to contribute to), but popping in with a shit troll comment like that after your history here just means that you're nothing but a fucking loser.

    Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Man, my biggest regret is my TG16/PCE collection because of how much it meant to me growing up. It's so crazily priced now that it's out of my stratasphere to begin collecting for.
    Have you ever considered emulation? Over the years I've become less and less dependent on owning physical copies of games. Some people are really into that (and I can understand it), but I have noticed my collection becoming more and more valuable over time, and it's really made me reconsider the space it's taking up.

    There's a few games that I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with - such as the Misadventures of Tron Bonne - but I just sold a crap game like Rule of Rose on eBay for over $300, so you might want to reconsider the emulation route (if you haven't already).
    Last edited by Dolemite; 05 May 2021 at 10:46 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo