Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Even if Dolemite is giving you shit which you rightly deserve, I'm sure he still looks back thru the years of interacting with you with fond memories.
    I do! I'm not going to shit on the night we all met up and went to a Guitar Wolf show at Santo's Party House in NYC. To be honest, I wouldn't have even known about that show if Josh hadn't contacted me to let me know, and I had a great fucking time that night.

It's probably due to those fond memories that I felt compelled to call out Josh over his dickish trolling. I mean, any retard can tell TNL is on its last legs, but it just reeks of Josh trying to live up to his "cool kid of the internet" bullshit to come in here and point out the obvious.

It's a shame so many people who left threw it away over so much petty bullshit.
    Yup. One of my fondest memories are the big east coast TNL NYC get-togethers we used to have. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Most of us are 40 or 50 years old. If you can't tolerate differing points of view and a little bit of trolling then those departed need to grow a set and grow the fuck up.
    Agreed. And I admit that I've been guilty of that myself in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I get the sense a large portion of 35-45 yo are in arrested development. I don’t exclude myself from that group.
    Define "arrested development" in the sense that you're using it, Doc. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Probably, very few of us that "grew up" still post here.

Shit I remember last year Josh gave me hella shit because instead of being what I was when I was 21 I'm married with kids and act like an adult. It was the nicest insult anyone ever game me.
    In my 40's, living with a girl that I've been dating for nearly 14 years, no kids, no plans to have any. But I understand that I'm an outlier. Honestly, if you've found happiness in being legit married with kids, I'm super happy for you.

I only hope that I don't end up regretting my decision not to have kids, but I don't think I will.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I wish this place was more popular, I think we all do. Facebook sucks, reddit sucks, instagram sucks, all those places suck.
    All social media sucks, yes. Especially TikTok. Fuck TickTok. Wanting to outlaw it was possibly the only thing I agreed with Trump over.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I'm about to engage in a Dolemite taboo and actually show my face here, but this pic is old, so fuck it. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Here's a pic from the epic TNL east coast get-together of 2008. I'm the hunky guy in the middle with the sunglasses and grey t-shirt. The classy guy flipping the bird I believe is SSJN. Our beloved kingoffighters is the guy in the brown v-neck. Atlas is the only girl, and the guy poking out from behind her head is the one and only Ramon. Anthony and his luscious, curly locks are in there (just look for the best-looking guy), as is the infamous rapist Advocate (wearing sunglasses behind me), Mezz (balding dude with the blue t-shirt), and Thief Silver (the ginger with the black shirt), who infamously was bribed into drinking the contents of a random pitcher we found at a beer garden that evening and is probably slowly dying of AIDS today as a result. There's also, like, two others who I don't know who the fuck they are.

This isn't everyone that showed up that day (people came and went), but it's a good chunk. We had a lot of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dolemite; 04 Jun 2021 at 06:45 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    In my 40's, living with a girl that I've been dating for nearly 14 years, no kids, no plans to have any. But I understand that I'm an outlier. Honestly, if you've found happiness in being legit married with kids, I'm super happy for you.

I only hope that I don't end up regretting my decision not to have kids, but I don't think I will.
    You know what you're about, if you didn't want kids in your 20s and that lasted until now, you probably aren't ever going to regret not having them. There's upsides and downsides to both decisions, I could have been happy either way if say we found out I was infertile or something.

5. Woah! Doc Holiday is on the wall.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Define "arrested development" in the sense that you're using it, Doc.
    Click for full size

There's like 4 generations of internet
    1. pre-2001 AOL-newsgroups - the internet was just tech savvy nerds and teenage kids of those tech savvy nerds. The culture was experimental and toddler like trying new things.
    2. 2001-2005 9-11 - something awful, GameFAQs, ytmnd - the forms age - around 1999, I remember normal city people getting on the internet through AOL, 2001 obviously changed American culture, but the internet was still child like and making fun of death and shock images
    3. 2005-2012 myspace - early twitter-YouTube-Facebook Josh honestly introduced me to myspace and probably a lot of ya'll in fall-winter 2004. By 2006, I was seeing kids in the country on Myspace on restaurant computers at work. Myspace culture and internet culture was now teenage like wanting sex and all about hooking up and then living with the dirty laundry getting shared online. Thanks, myspace!
    4. 2013-2021 Gamergate-Trump era - smartphones gave democracy to the internet; the entire damn world was on it now... But, also gave it an addiction with constant fingertip access. The culture was now young adult like, very confident in it's opinions and just like an 18 year old signing up with the Marines, ready to go to war over it.
    5. post-2021 Trump-Limbaugh ??? - I hope with Trump getting kicked off platforms and Rush Limbaugh dying, the internet can move on to an elder like culture of thinking about the future and growing the virtual civilization for the next generation... But, we probably have to enter the middle age like phase first, where we just reminisce about glory days for the entire decade.

I was obviously stuck in that ytmnd child like phase until recently. I just never accepted the 2012 political era of smart-phone internet. And worse, I wanted to make fun of those who did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    All social media sucks, yes. Especially TikTok. Fuck TickTok. Wanting to outlaw it was possibly the only thing I agreed with Trump over.
    There's a popular local celebrity, neekolul (the Bernie OK boomer girl) who just bought a $2,000,000 condo downtown cash money (that's probably like $8,000,000 in Manhattan). Her tiktok videos are just the sexy-dancing shit and some really quick skits. Totally, plastic and automatic looking. I finally saw her on youtube doing a tour of that condo and I was like, "oh, she's a normal 21 year old." It was still fabricated, but she at least had a personality you could read. Or, at least seeing her not know how to use appliances and having an empty apartment reminded me of when I was 19-20 and didn't have shit. Those short tik tok clips don't tell you anything and really make people look totally unhuman.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 04 Jun 2021 at 11:09 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I remember someone posting the hot or not, which was the beginnings of Facebook.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm about to engage in a Dolemite taboo and actually show my face here, but this pic is old, so fuck it. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Here's a pic from the epic TNL east coast get-together of 2008. I'm the hunky guy in the middle with the sunglasses and grey t-shirt. The classy guy flipping the bird I believe is SSJN. Our beloved kingoffighters is the guy in the brown v-neck. Atlas is the only girl, and the guy poking out from behind her head is the one and only Ramon. Anthony and his luscious, curly locks are in there (just look for the best-looking guy), as is the infamous rapist Advocate (wearing sunglasses behind me), Mezz (balding dude with the blue t-shirt), and Thief Silver (the ginger with the black shirt), who infamously was bribed into drinking the contents of a random pitcher we found at a beer garden that evening and is probably slowly dying of AIDS today as a result. There's also, like, two others who I don't know who the fuck they are.

This isn't everyone that showed up that day (people came and went), but it's a good chunk. We had a lot of fun.
    Looking at this picture makes me regret never really making an active effort to meet up with you guys. I've only met a very select few people from this forum.

@ Dolemite: Yes TikTok is such a piece of garbage. Social Media in general is something I've outright refused to get involved in past using message boards. The world being connected like it is is great but at the same time it's really brought out some of the worst people on the planet with an internet connection.

I wish Trump had been able to fully get rid of TikTok. He was so close to doing it.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 05 Jun 2021 at 04:27 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. There’s a good Philosophize This! bit on technology and communication appropriately called Distraction.
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/1wT...TS2Fb_LvczLR9w

Stephen West has convinced me no politician should be paid attention to on Twitter, because you can’t articulate the complexity of social issues in only 280 characters so it just comes out as a propaganda slogan.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. That photo is hella fun. How many people here are still in the nyc area?