Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I bought a TG Mini that has 50 (?) games on it and runs pretty good. I'm not anti-emulation, or anything, but with the TG in particular it's more about the nostalgia of "having" something that was really important to me at a particular stage of my life for reasons I'm not getting into. It's hard to explain. I don't have the same affinity for some of the other systems that I spent considerable time with and probably SHOULD have been more important to me. It's difficult to explain but thanks for the thoughts nonetheless.
    I think it’s a feeling you get when you're rooting for the underdog. You don’t feel like you’re just following the herd and the system become more endearing to you. I know that feeling. I got the SEGA Saturn when I was 27, during the surprise launch. I kept hearing people saying that the Saturn was failing, yet I supported it more than the other 2 consoles, during it’s time. It still gets the lion’s share of my retro playtime with the old consoles.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 May 2021 at 08:38 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Long story short. Josh left with bbobb, SSJN, and whoever else because they didn't like people who didn't hate Trump's dumbass as much as they did.
    Wait, THAT'S why they all left? I just assumed they lost interest and moved on. I don't recall anyone other than bbobb ranting about Trump.

I mean, I've made the fact that I think Trump should live the rest of his days in a porta-potty waste tank pretty plain, but I've never felt there was enough pro-Trump sentiment here that I wanted to leave (despite that one drunken rant I made, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What did I miss with Josh? I wasn't aware there was a falling out.
    He just popped in a page or two ago and made a useless troll comment about how you should pull the plug on the forum. It was just dickish.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I bought a TG Mini that has 50 (?) games on it and runs pretty good. I'm not anti-emulation, or anything, but with the TG in particular it's more about the nostalgia of "having" something that was really important to me at a particular stage of my life for reasons I'm not getting into. It's hard to explain. I don't have the same affinity for some of the other systems that I spent considerable time with and probably SHOULD have been more important to me. It's difficult to explain but thanks for the thoughts nonetheless.
    No need to explain, I totally get the nostalgia factor and wanting to own something physical. Personally, I one of those people who have less and less of a need to own physical copies of games/music/comic books since they take up a lot of room s opposed to digital, but I'm also fascinated by people with huge gaming collections that take up entire walls. That's just cool.

That said, I have a ton of PS1 games that I never play (and could easily just emulate) that are going for crazy prices on ebay. For example, I have a mint-condition copy of The Misadventures of Tron Bonne that currently fetches as much as $900 or so, and while I love the game to death it's tempting to sell for that price. But for the time being, I'm hanging on to it.

My thing is that I've been colleting toys more and more lately, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of my collection. Modern stuff, mostly, as I'm not really driven by nostalgia when it comes to tracking down the lost toys of my youth. But that does allow me to relate to a physical collection of anything, including games and/or gaming systems. And honestly, the more emulators and ROMs I download, the less I feel I play them, it seems. It's almost like owning physical copies drives you to play them more.

Well, except stuff on my PS4, which is my main gaming console now. I'm playing a lot on there at the moment. But even though I love having all these older games on my PC via emulation, playing console games on it still just feels...I dunno, weird.

I also still enjoy to plug in my Saturn or Dreamcast here and there as well.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I mean I was fanning the flames with Trump for too many years. It wasn’t until last summer I realized I was no better than someone feeding a drunk liquor just to watch ‘em fight.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Late reply, but go fuck yourself. I guess you're making enough money from working part-time as a scrub security guard or whatever the fuck that you don't need to beg for money from TNL anymore like you did for your shitty Corey vs. Corey album (that I wasn't stupid enough to contribute to), but popping in with a shit troll comment like that after your history here just means that you're nothing but a fucking loser.
    Not trolling. TNL is just 5 old men talking to each other. It's an embarrassing shell of what it was. You'll never get any new members, and eventually it'll just be Gamevet talking about his sweet deals as Drewbacca occasionally pops in to tell you how much better he's doing than you, while posting other people's artwork as his own.

Also, Corey vs Corey was 17 years ago. You're not going to be able to make me feel bad for doing a Kickstarter before anyone else ever thought of it.

How is your sadboy tough guy act working out for you?

5. Discussion has actually picked up in the gaming threads in the past few weeks. I’ve seen a few familiar faces entering into the discussions, and actually bumping old threads with updated info.

6. Oh, and I can hook you up on a sweet deal for my foot up your ass!

7. I liked Josh’s Coheed cover band.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Not trolling. TNL is just 5 old men talking to each other. It's an embarrassing shell of what it was. You'll never get any new members, and eventually it'll just be Gamevet talking about his sweet deals as Drewbacca occasionally pops in to tell you how much better he's doing than you, while posting other people's artwork as his own.
    Of course it's trolling. Why would you feel the need to even point out what's already blatantly obvious to anyone that's still here and, furthermore, why the hell do you care? Just go away if this is all you've got to "add" to this forum.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Also, Corey vs Corey was 17 years ago. You're not going to be able to make me feel bad for doing a Kickstarter before anyone else ever thought of it.

How is your sadboy tough guy act working out for you?
    Well glad to see you posting around twice a year now.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    TNL is just 5 old men talking to each other. It's an embarrassing shell of what it was.
    50 young men shitposting hot takes, a few gaming journalist reliving glory days, and three girls fighting for attention?