Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. TNL

Well, I hate to say it, but it might be time to shut this place down. The posts are sparser and sparser and just about everyone has moved on. It was a good run, that's for sure. I'm grateful for the time and conversations that we've had over the years and, maybe, a little disappointed that conversational discourse about politics has led to a bunch of people leaving and unfriending here and elsewhere.

I'd like to thank whoever is left, especially Nick, for carrying the torch for so many years.

2. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenor.gif 
Views:	338 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	81865  

3. Keep it around and just change the name to The Last Level.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. The revival attempt failed, people came back said hi one time and left forever. TNL is kind of unpopular now because it's unpopular. I made it my homepage in March but almost every day it's just three threads that get bumped and I'm not interested in the new video cards or the election so...

Sucks man.

5. Yeah we lost a lot of people mainly due to stupid bullshit. I post on other forums obviously but this is really also considered old tech since most people use social media like Facebook, Twitter and w/e else is hip these days. Forums are a dying place in general.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. You ever wonder why you clowns are the last ones on the island?

Also Frog? Hi Frog!

Ok good talk, cheers fellas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. It's a moribund platform for casual conversation. If pandemic lockdown isn't enough to turn things around, then I don't think anything will. The only forums that seem to be active these days(and are not cesspools) are ones that are focused on projects and collaborations.

8. Sega-16 stays fairly busy, but it has it times of low post counts. There's a Star Wars focused site called Nightly, that I've been a member of for what might be a decade. It's slowed down substantially, but there is still a core audience that posts there.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The revival attempt failed, people came back said hi one time and left forever. TNL is kind of unpopular now because it's unpopular. I made it my homepage in March but almost every day it's just three threads that get bumped and I'm not interested in the new video cards or the election so...

Sucks man.
    What are you interested in?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. The core audience of this site was based around gamers. The problem is that a lot of the most vocal members on this board, haven't been gamers in quite some time. Those that still enjoy the hobby eventually got pushed out, because they didn't feel like the majority of discussions on this board were about that hobby anymore.