Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. During peak political times, I dropped off everywhere hard and just played games and focused on things that make me happy. I don't discuss religion or politics lol. I'll stick to games.

2. Yep! Nothing good can come from religion or politics.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    During peak political times, I dropped off everywhere hard and just played games and focused on things that make me happy. I don't discuss religion or politics lol. I'll stick to games.
    This is the right mindset to have. Look what politics did to bbobb. I loved the guy but he literally went off the deep end on a lot of people and said some seriously embarrassing shit to the point he even shit talked ECM right after he died.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. I think this is bullshit, personally. I'm a middle of the road guy - independent, no party affiliation, lean-left on social issues (universal healthcare, gay marriage, pro choice, etc...) lean right on financial and 2nd amendment issues (right to bear arms, small(er) government, etc....) and got absolutely roasted on here if I pointed out the hypocrisy of the media when it came to covering Trump. Look at the border now - where's CNN? Where are all the snarky celebrities and their ridiculous "concentration camps" rhetoric? Where's the daily criticism from CNN/MSBNC/ABC, hell, even NPR about Biden's lack of transparency and lack of media pressers? Trump was an asshole, but he was dissected like nothing I've ever seen before to level that was truly unbelievable.

The truth is that we all need to be more tolerant of differing viewpoints that don't line up with our own. Don't like or agree with what I have to say? Great. I absolutely have the right to say it though. And so do you.

The fact that "woke" TNL (TNL 2?) departed and blew up 20 years of conversations and discourse over differing political views is fucking sad and probably the most disappointing thing in my 20ish years of being here.

Flame away.

5. It’s probably best not to.

6. 100% agree w haoh. It’s also no coincidence the response to Josh’s post was a predictable affirmation about how much the board doesn’t care about him anymore - despite his post eliciting the most responses in any thread all year. The lady doth yadda yadda. There’s no doubt in my mind Josh lead this board‘s culture for better or for worse: frustrated under achievers venting and tearing people down when they’re bored. Father posted and the yokels addicted to the pablum of extreme thinking and destructive hate-fueled tantrums lapped it up in record time.

He’s right. Pull the plug. I’ll miss posting success stories and the hate fucking that waked afterwards. But it’s time to let go.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post

Flame away.
    It's time to heal, Haoh.... Also, the Rangers suck lol !

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    He’s right. Pull the plug.
    Josh and Drew agree on something? I always felt Josh was the ghostwriter behind Robobo.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I think this is bullshit, personally. I'm a middle of the road guy - independent, no party affiliation, lean-left on social issues (universal healthcare, gay marriage, pro choice, etc...) lean right on financial and 2nd amendment issues (right to bear arms, small(er) government, etc....) and got absolutely roasted on here if I pointed out the hypocrisy of the media when it came to covering Trump.
    I agree with this 100%. I never liked Trump but god damn the kneejerk reactions a lot of people had over him these last four years was retarded.

Look at the border now - where's CNN? Where are all the snarky celebrities and their ridiculous "concentration camps" rhetoric? Where's the daily criticism from CNN/MSBNC/ABC, hell, even NPR about Biden's lack of transparency and lack of media pressers?
    You mean those poor kids in cages even now with the new images from project veritas? Where are all you guys now being all pissed off about those poor kids in cages now that Joe is in charge?

Did some of you really think Joe was going to fling open those doors and free those poor kids who were forcefully separated from their parents? If anything the situation has gotten worse since Joe took office and the media isn't saying fuck all about it hardly.

Trump was an asshole, but he was dissected like nothing I've ever seen before to level that was truly unbelievable.
    Oh he was. Nobody can deny this and if they are then please show me proof of any other president that was burned at the stake like he was.

The truth is that we all need to be more tolerant of differing viewpoints that don't line up with our own. Don't like or agree with what I have to say? Great. I absolutely have the right to say it though. And so do you.
    This is the right mindset to have but it doesn't help some people acted like petulant children over this shit time and again.

The fact that "woke" TNL (TNL 2?) departed and blew up 20 years of conversations and discourse over differing political views is fucking sad and probably the most disappointing thing in my 20ish years of being here.
    Which is a god damn shame because this site has a very long history and I hated how some people just threw it away because they couldn't act like fucking adults.

Flame away.
    Ok uh... what to say? Oh! Fuck you Haohmaru for selling your gaming collection!
    Last edited by BonusKun; 12 Apr 2021 at 11:41 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post

Ok uh... what to say? Oh! Fuck you Haohmaru for selling your gaming collection!
    Man, my biggest regret is my TG16/PCE collection because of how much it meant to me growing up. It's so crazily priced now that it's out of my stratasphere to begin collecting for.