Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Reading old posts is pretty fun! Zune pickups lol.
    443 posts just for the September 2008 haul thread. Look at all of those former members that have gone.

2. Hey, nearly fifty members have read this thread. It might get up to 443 posts too.

What did I miss with Josh? I wasn't aware there was a falling out.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hey, nearly fifty members have read this thread. It might get up to 443 posts too.

What did I miss with Josh? I wasn't aware there was a falling out.
    Long story short. Josh left with bbobb, SSJN, and whoever else because they didn't like people who didn't hate Trump's dumbass as much as they did. I always said politics on a forum was a bad idea and should be scrubbed but yeah, Four years of Trump bought out the ugly in so many people that it was god damn depressing that even bbobb had to make a crass ass comment at ECM's death without any regard for the people who were his friends myself included.

Nick, Since you're actually here, What's up with cka? Is he around or has he moved onto greener pastures? I'd like to ask what's being addressed with the forums running so slow here and with Sega-16. It feels like the boards hasn't had any real update in over a year if anything.

If cka is gone, is there anyone able to step up to maybe help stabilize the boards so we can get back to the speeds we're use to?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Hm. How long have the boards been slower than usual? I'm not sure about cka's status. I haven't talked with him in a while.

5. There is very high CPU usage. I think that's causing significant slowdown. I see what it is.

6. Sorry for triple-posting. Does it seem better now?

7. Question

It's running a little better but not at what it used to be. Sega-16 is still running a little slow also.

It's been several months.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 May 2021 at 02:46 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. Last I talked to CKA, he said the forum is being hosted off a Nokia 3310 in Edmonton. I have no idea what CPUs those use, but it could be time for an upgrade.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

Have you ever considered emulation? Over the years I've become less and less dependent on owning physical copies of games. Some people are really into that (and I can understand it), but I have noticed my collection becoming more and more valuable over time, and it's really made me reconsider the space it's taking up.

There's a few games that I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with - such as the Misadventures of Tron Bonne - but I just sold a crap game like Rule of Rose on eBay for over $300, so you might want to reconsider the emulation route (if you haven't already).
    I bought a TG Mini that has 50 (?) games on it and runs pretty good. I'm not anti-emulation, or anything, but with the TG in particular it's more about the nostalgia of "having" something that was really important to me at a particular stage of my life for reasons I'm not getting into. It's hard to explain. I don't have the same affinity for some of the other systems that I spent considerable time with and probably SHOULD have been more important to me. It's difficult to explain but thanks for the thoughts nonetheless.