Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Xbox 360 I Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

So this came out and looks pretty beefy. I’m still waiting for mine, thanks Amazon.
    Anyone have one? Thoughts? I know there’s not squat for exclusives but the upgrades to current gen stuff looks pretty cool.

Xbox only, lets not shit consoles threads up with PC is better nonsense.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. I have more interest in the new controller than the console at this point, since I actually need one of those. There's also a new Hori pad for Series X|S that I'm interested in, since it may be the last chance I ever get to buy a new wired controller that doesn't have a flaky removable cable.

I'll probably pick up a XSS once there are some exclusives I care about, but the XSX would be overkill for me. I own a grand total of four physical games for XB1 and five for 360, and I have a 1080p tv that will hopefully work for at least another five years. The only improvement I would really get from the X is the larger SSD, and hopefully the S will get a storage bump by the time I want one.

3. I'm in the same boat as you Kedawa. I have a 52" 1080p display in my living room. I'd hate to just get rid of a perfectly good (I'd spent $1,500 for it in 2009) television to have 4k. I must admit though, that seeing 65" 4K UHD displays selling for under $500 (name brand) is pretty tempting. Realistically though, these consoles would probably run those Ray Traced games better at 1080p.

4. I really want to pick the Series X up but I'm in no rush so I'll end up with one when I can just walk into a Target or Best Buy and see them on the shelf. I do already have a 65" 4K Samsung in the living room to take advantage of it. Although the SSD and load time upgrades are the main reason I want it sooner than later. I'm jealous of the Borderlands 3 load times I've seen.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. If I have to choose ray tracing at 1080p or no ray tracing for 4k, I’m taking 4k. It doesn’t have to be quite 4k but straight 1080p is ass now. I can’t go back.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. I decided once my bills calm down, I'm gonna buy this thing.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    If I have to choose ray tracing at 1080p or no ray tracing for 4k, I’m taking 4k. It doesn’t have to be quite 4k but straight 1080p is ass now. I can’t go back.
    AMD is using checker boarding as their DLSS like solution for 4k. It’ll be like what the PS4 pro did for 4k.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Nov 2020 at 03:14 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    AMD is using checker boarding as their DLSE like solution for 4k. It’ll be like what the PS4 pro did for 4k.
    I have no problems with this solution. Native 4k is nice but the upscaling the ps4pro does looks damn good.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you Kedawa. I have a 52" 1080p display in my living room. I'd hate to just get rid of a perfectly good (I'd spent $1,500 for it in 2009) television to have 4k. I must admit though, that seeing 65" 4K UHD displays selling for under $500 (name brand) is pretty tempting. Realistically though, these consoles would probably run those Ray Traced games better at 1080p.
    Tell me about it. I just upgraded to a OLED, but can't even sell my 80" LED Sharp Aquos in perfect condition for $400 (bought for 3600 in 2012).

10. I intend on getting an X but I'm not going to bend over backward trying to get one. The larger SSD is one of the bigger selling points cost wise. And I want the full featured set up. The cut to the amount of RAM in the S is sketchy in the long term and eventually, I'll get a 4k screen. It'll be good to already have the console when that day comes. I have an OG One, so the jump in tech is going to be awesome.