Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I managed to get my hands on a Series X from Best Buy and I couldn't be happier. The sale was live for about 2 hours on Dec. 28th, which is insane. I couldn't believe it wasn't sold out by the time I got to the website (it sold out about 45 minutes later). I think I waited 10 minutes in the virtual queue until it offered me one. Picked which store I wanted to get it from and it told me it'd be in-store on 1/3. I got an email on the first saying it was ready which was awesome.

It's an absolute beast of a machine, the engineering is really impressive. It's kinda shocking how much better FH 5 looks over the One version. Once cross-platform goes away we are going to see some crazy shit I've skipped a few games because I didn't have the hardware for it (like Control, Warhammer Vermilntide 2, Jedi Fallen Order) and Game Pass has a ton of good games right now and coming this month so I have more to play than I know how to handle.
    Geeeeears!!!! 5 multi looks fucking great on the SX. Might be the best game to test out.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Halo Infinite! Forza Horizon 5 is drop dead gorgeous. Do you have a way to run FH5 in 120Hz mode?
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 Jan 2022 at 11:28 PM.

3. I don't think FH5 supports 120hz on SX (my TV tops out at 60 anyway). It's either 30 at 4k or 60 at 1440? I've been playing Gears 5 again to see it strut its stuff. There are some wild special effects on display, the lighting and destruction look ridiculous and I don't think it ever drops frames. The effects on the camera "lens" are wild too. Makes it feel like a movie. Halo Infinite gets a serious kick in the pants too.

4. I'm looking at an LG 55" OLED (120hz Free-sync/G-Sync) at MicroCenter for $1,000. I'm just wondering how many titles on the PS4 and Series X are capable of doing the 120 hz mode. I think that Dirt 5 does.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...v-(refurbished)

5. No idea about the 120hz thing but get that OLED tv.

6. 120 is mostly for online shooters. Destiny 2, Call of Duty’s, Gears 5, and Halo all can run at 120. Pretty sure Psychonaughts and Ori for single player.The trade off is you don’t get full 4k, but honestly I can’t really tell the resolution drops. The 120fps is more noticeable and plays better.

Gears 5 online my kills definitely went up with 120.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    120 is mostly for online shooters. Destiny 2, Call of Duty’s, Gears 5, and Halo all can run at 120. Pretty sure Psychonaughts and Ori for single player.The trade off is you don’t get full 4k, but honestly I can’t really tell the resolution drops. The 120fps is more noticeable and plays better.

Gears 5 online my kills definitely went up with 120.
    I have Forza Horizon 5 on a PC hooked up to a 1080p/60 hz television. There’s a big difference between running it at 60 and the 100+fps it runs at on my office PC. The car feels so sluggish at 60.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I have Forza Horizon 5 on a PC hooked up to a 1080p/60 hz television. There’s a big difference between running it at 60 and the 100+fps it runs at on my office PC. The car feels so sluggish at 60.
    As long as we don’t go back to 30 Im more than happy with 60!

9. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    There was one track in Forza 3 (?) on the 360 where I just had to give up, because of the piss-poor 30 fps. It couldn't keep up with a car traveling 260 MPH down a narrow track. It was like driving on ice.

I'm okay with 60fps for 99% of the racing in FH4 and FH5. It's when you get a super car that can travel nearly 300 MPH that is starts to become a problem.

10. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Honestly, I'm more concerned about games running well and looking good at 60fps than devs pushing for higher. At least this generation.